Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How To: 2005 Foglight Mod

83K views 91 replies 52 participants last post by  Gobliz 
#1 ·
I know this is already out there, but I figured with the recent questions I'll create a more detailed one.

2000-2004 Focus Go Here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/howtos/foglight/

Items Needed:
1) 2" - 12 Gauge Wires
2) 2 - Male Connectors
3) Wire Cutter/Stripper

Cut out a 2" wire and strip both ends.

Crimp the male connectors to the end of the wire.

Locate and remove R13 relay. (This image shows R13 relay already removed)

Insert both ends of the wire into the socket.

Keywords: foglight mod, fog light mod, independent foglight, foglight without headlight, 2005 fog light mod

See less See more
#4 ·
The length does matter, due to the space limitation inside the fuse box. If you make it too long, it will not sit inside the box properly. On the other hand, if you make it too short, it will not bend or fold properly.

#6 ·
Sorry I haven't paid attention to this thread.

This mod basically allows the foglights to be turned on with just the parking lights. In addition, when your highbeams are on, the foglights will also remain on.

#7 ·
but my fogs come on when the parking lights are on.
Like, I turn the lightswitch to the first position and I pull the switch out and they turn on...now, they do turn off with my high beams on, BUT, is there a way to do it where they will be on with out the blinker/parking lights and/or headlights being on?

(NOTE: I have not done this mod!)

#8 ·
I'm sure there is a way where you can wire your foglights directly to the 12v. Since you have a 2006+ this mod isn't required because your's came this way from the factory.

#29 ·
It works on any 00-04 and I think the 05. 06 and up can do it factory. Its not hard to do. Took me 5 minutes. You don't have to do anything to the switch inside the car unless you want them on without the running lights.
Posted via FF Mobile

#18 ·
huh, i wonder if it was changed mid year then or something cause my 05 will not turn on the fog lights unless the headlights are on.

#20 ·
Remember this mod is only for the 2005 Ford Focus. I believe with the 2006 and 2007 models they can be turned on without the headlight.

#22 ·
I can't remember off the top of my head, but the DTRL Relay is either to the left or right of R13.

I think if you pull one or the other it will disable the DTRL. But if you want both, I don't think its possible.

#30 ·
this is weird. i tried this, and i have an 05. i can have my fogs on without the headlights on. the r13 fuse is not used on my car, just empty, so this does not do anything. i took out the relay that the book lists as the headlight/fog relay, and tried it there. no dice. highs come on, but no fogs.

so, does anyone know how to do this on an 05 ST....i only want to have the fogs on with my high beams.

thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.