Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
no thoughts without a list of your mods
you have to be running crazy boost to be keeping with evo's and wrxs

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
you are so full of crap dude.

your mods are intake, exhaust, and fuel chip? (an ebay one i presume?)

dude...you haven't beat and evo or STi in your life. seriously...come on...come clean with mods or something.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
i agree theres noooooooooo fricking way. i agree yea ive eat some cars just with my intake and exhaust but nothing like that.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
I think he ment thats the list of cars he wants to be able to beat.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
haha, he says "LIST IVE DOMINATED". Unless ur boosted you prolly have the zetec. Out of NA, I prolly have one of the fastest ones out there, at least on these forums. and of the list mentioned above, I could maybe beat the integra
civic (hatch)
focus svt zx5
magnum
new neon
and crx

assuming all in stock form, but the evo and sti and even the wrx are turbo'd, they are all faster than me by a fair amount, the wrx isn't insanely fast, but its quick, 14 second 1/4's, the evo and sti, they are mid 13 seconds stock, you would need about 250 whp and about a 2300 lb car to do that!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I apologize for the cocky post. Let me clear this up a little.

okayyyyyy the wrx didnt exactly get "dominated" but we definetly went heads up for a quick little sprint. and I won. same with the evo. I never went past 3rd gear so was it even a race?

to be honest I dont know what has been done to my focus. Like I said, Ive owned the car for about a month and ran into the previous owner at the gas station. He told me there was a few chips in there and to keep it nice. I obviously see the intake and a bunch of hoses all over the engine bay, and any other mods are unknown to me.

mods aside, my focus is quick. I would love to know what has been done to it and here is where I plan on finding out, with you guys :)

maybe see you all at the party Feb 7th?

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
I apologize for the cocky post. Let me clear this up a little.

okayyyyyy the wrx didnt exactly get "dominated" but we definetly went heads up for a quick little sprint. and I won. same with the evo. I never went past 3rd gear so was it even a race?

to be honest I dont know what has been done to my focus. Like I said, Ive owned the car for about a month and ran into the previous owner at the gas station. He told me there was a few chips in there and to keep it nice. I obviously see the intake and a bunch of hoses all over the engine bay, and any other mods are unknown to me.

mods aside, my focus is quick. I would love to know what has been done to it and here is where I plan on finding out, with you guys :)

maybe see you all at the party Feb 7th?
the most "chips" your car can have is 1 and obviously its not boosted or you would know until we at least see motor pics we have no idea what to begin to tell you your mods are

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
look everyone, Ive come clean and said that i dont have any idea what has been done to my car. I was being stupid and cocky and I have sincerely apologized and posts like that will never happen again. I will continue to race (illegally) and once I meet up with the northwestern fanatics and find out what has been done to my ride, i will post all the mods and more pictures.

The previous owner told me that there were 2 chips installed (a fuel chip and some masters chip or something). I dont know much about cars, all i know is what he told me. Obviously I am in the right place if I want to learn about cars in general and find out if he was lying. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe he was right and had severe custom work done to it so that more than one chip can be installed at once, who knows. He was an older Asian guy so I am guessing he took good care of this car and modded it quite a bit, its definetly the fastest car ive ever owned (hands down)

once again, i am very sorry. I didnt mean to stir up things and start drama. I realize this was a bad first impression, I'd like to start over.

·
Registered
626 Posts
lol ok. starting over... ive ran with an evo or two before in my life and ive stuck with them for a lil bit but they definetly pull hard! the only way i can see you truly beating a wrx or evo is if you are boosted, most likely turbo

and the thing about "chips" is that 99.9999% percent of them are bs. if you really want your car to run better , search for them rip em out and buy a Diablo Sport Predatortuner from tom or one of the other reputable tuners on this site. (i prefer tom at focus-power)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't know if my car is turbo'd or boosted, I hear a whizzing noise winding up when I try to go fast. maybe thats a turbo? I plan on ripping most of whats in there out, and putting in things that I want. Which is why I am here, to find out my options, get some ideas, and really personalize my ride.

I prefer interior work over performance, but Id like my car to be quicker than most. How much is that Diablo Sport Predatortuner?

I am meeting up with a few Northwesterners on february 7th and then we will all know what I am running :)

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Im betting that the evo an wrx was [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g with you an then said screw it let's leave this [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] in the dust.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
I wouldn't know if my car is turbo'd or boosted, I hear a whizzing noise winding up when I try to go fast. maybe thats a turbo? I plan on ripping most of whats in there out, and putting in things that I want. Which is why I am here, to find out my options, get some ideas, and really personalize my ride.

I prefer interior work over performance, but Id like my car to be quicker than most. How much is that Diablo Sport Predatortuner?

I am meeting up with a few Northwesterners on february 7th and then we will all know what I am running :)
you suck. open the hood and take some pics for us.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I wouldn't know if my car is turbo'd or boosted, I hear a whizzing noise winding up when I try to go fast.
How much did you pay for it? That would very likely answer the question if it's got serious work done to it.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts