Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I beleive I am not able to post pictures, so now this looks a little difficult, but I will try. My car a focus 2002 Zx5 with zetec was having very low revolutions, and it would shut down, took it to the Mechanic and I was told the jack valve needed to be changed and I agreed. Went back for my car and it feels righr and it will not die anymore, but there is a cable and a connector that now has a plastic clamp keeping them together. The cable can be located near the battery, it is attached to a black "corrugated" cable. The cable in question is blue and round and attached male to female with four "pistils". thank you
Laura

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Based on descriptions, I am lost, and can not help you. Gd luck.

I would love to know what a jack valve is? Do you know? Does your mechanic?

Why not return the car to the mechanic and ask about the cable that is dangling? Or just call him/her about it?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Unless the mechanic was actually talking about the Jack Pump Encabulator Solenoid (JPES), -which might be called a Valve? Hense, -the jack valve?

Ah! A new Felix pic! Nice.

Edit: Ah sh%t, dam $#&^%!! - Sorry to hear about Felix. Sending you wishes and hugs Bruce.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The “blue and round” part sounds like the old Bosch universal o2’s. But that was back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did ask the mechanic, just wanted to know beforehand so I would not be lied to. Apparently the connector goes to the oxygen sensor which is damaged that is why they disconnected (and not tol me and try to replace?!). And the "Jack" they wrote it down JAK and maybe they refer to IAC (I am in mexico and trying my best to translate)

thank you for answering

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures of the cable in question

Hello, I think I managed to upload pictures. The mechanic said they go to the oxygen sensor which is not working and hence they disconnected to prevent overuse of fuel. What they changed seems to be the IAC. I will ask for the re-connection and replace of the oxygen sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Hello, I think I managed to upload pictures...
Yes, you did, good job.

It seems like your car engine problems are solved for now. IACV was replaced, and the 02 sensor will be replaced in the future.

BTW the IACV replacement on a Zetec is not easy to replace. It is stuck in a tight place, with little room to work. ((based on what I have heard about)).

My apologies for the humor attempt at post#4 (about the mythical JPES). The "jack valve" was too tempting, and I could not stop my funny-bone at that time.

Gingershrek is a wizard (or a witch) and correctly guessed the "disconnected cable" might be an 02 sensor harness/cable. Well done Gingershrek.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gingershrek is a wizard (or a witch) and correctly guessed the "disconnected cable" might be an 02 sensor harness/cable. Well done Gingershrek.

Just a lucky guess. I haven’t seen one of those connectors in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello, I think I managed to upload pictures...
Yes, you did, good job.

It seems like your car engine problems are solved for now. IACV was replaced, and the 02 sensor will be replaced in the future.

BTW the IACV replacement on a Zetec is not easy to replace. It is stuck in a tight place, with little room to work. ((based on what I have heard about)).

My apologies for the humor attempt at post#4 (about the mythical JPES). The "jack valve" was too tempting, and I could not stop my funny-bone at that time.

No worries about your joke, I am so lost about car stuff that I actually did not get it until you pointed it out and had to google to find out the made-up word.
Yes I will try to keep my car running as best as it can within my budget and hope that oxygen sensor is not super expensive and replace it soon.
Yes, thank you Gingershrek for playing the game. (And winning)
Thank you all for your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts