Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at Eibach sport lines for my 05 zx4 st. They claim to be dropped 2" in the front and 2.2" in the rear (I'm gonna get the struts to match) I was wondering if the st already had some lowering to it from the factory compared to base models. So it would actually be less than a two inch drop because it's already dropped or if stock suspension on an st is the same as base models. I hope I made sense any info is appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
As far As I know, the springs were the same as the regular models, so there was no difference in ride height compared to a normal zx4. I have yet to install my pro kit which isn't as big of a drop as the sportlines. But the 05-07 ST does sit rather high.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the rear for sure but I swear that the st has stiffer suspension because my dad has an se hatch and his is all over the place but mine is right right where it should be but I could be totally wrong

·
Registered
359 Posts
The 05-07 st used the same struts as the svt, but springs were softer on the st.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it's about a half inch drop from stock then? So the springs would actually be 1.5 drop in the front and 1.7 in the back?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Springs were exactly the same height on the ST as a stock focus; it just had better struts and shocks (similar to svt). So the eibachs should drop as advertised. Personally, I love the 1.5" drop the FRPP kit gave my ST.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a buddy with a 2.5 inch drop which is badass on 17s.
But can anyone tell how low this car is? I think it's the perfect height!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
hard to say, here's my car in comparison. What do you think? I would say that picture is a 2" drop.

Although my car isn't level in that pic, so not a great comparison

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Eibach's sportline system will get you that,,,,, Looks like my drop. Great for a DDer.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Awesome that makes my decision...now just need the money, ha!
I got mine thru tirerack. Get the eibach system= springs & damper kit,,,,[thumb]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts