Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a high mileage 2006 ZX4 ST. Driving it home (400+ miles) i got a bad headache from an almost constant buzzing noise. the frequency made it difficult to pinpoint but i finally determined it to be coming from the roof center "console". i stuffed a sock in both latching compartments which were loose but still had most of the buzz. then today, i pushed up on the front where the dome lights and switches are and it was almost silent.

has anyone else had this problem and what was the solution? I haven't looked for tightening screws but maybe just tightening them or silicone in the right place would silence it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
never had that problem ever but it could possibly be a bad dome light assembly or some broken bulbs? Sunroof or no sunroof?

·
Registered
207 Posts
My dad had a rattle rather than a buzz up there he put napkins in all the joints that let the little cabinets hang down maybe try that?

·
Registered
637 Posts
That would drive me crazy. My center consol on the floor does that but since its a 5 speed I rest my arm on it alot and that shuts it up. I'd say take a look at the hinge and the latch. Those are two weak points

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the previous owner. He replaced the driver side light by bending the copper contact (maybe the only way? ). However, he didn't make sure that the contact was properly "spring loaded" before closing up. It looks like a poor design by Ford for bulb replacement!!

Anyway, all is quite now :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine dose the same freaking thing. But mine is due to someone taking this that panel off for the Sunroof switch and messing it up. I had to take a few napkins and stuff them up there to stop the buzzing. Works just fine for now.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Mine dose the same freaking thing. But mine is due to someone taking this that panel off for the Sunroof switch and messing it up. I had to take a few napkins and stuff them up there to stop the buzzing. Works just fine for now.
On the bright side if you ever spill something in your car, instant napkins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts