Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my 05s (lack of) handling was an issue, I bought and installed the Steeda 21mm rear sway bar. If you dont know, the SE and lesser trim lines dont have sway bars or mounts installed stock. Heres pics!

Attachments

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Looks good man. Made a big difference didn't it?
I installed a 25mm eibach on mine that had none stock, and the difference was breathtaking.
Handles like a dream now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drives like my ZX5 SES, now. Maybe a litlle stiffer. Corners well. I love the new feel.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Pantherdan , was there mounting holes already in the what I guess you would call frame or did you end up drilling holes for it ? I have the same sway bar and an 07 SE without the bar .
How hard is it to install a front sway bar ? I have both along with a drop kit so I'm planning on doing all this at 1 time and hopefully not end up having to take it to a shop to get it done.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
the front sway isnt to hard...if u have the right tools. i had a shop available to me so i did it there. but if u have some standard tools, it shouldnt be tough. just make sure u have a jack that jacks up high enough so u can have some room under the car to work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No drilling required. The only modding that has to be done is remove a little heat shielding that is right where the drivers side clamp mounts to the frame.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These pics explain a few things. The red circle and arrow point to the washer that touches the arm. I dont like it doing that. I think the sway bar could have an inch added to the length there to prevent that. I used the harder bushings and greased where the green arrows are pointing. I did so because several people suggested that to minimize squeaks. I drew a little cross section of the frame assembly. The squiggly lines on either side of the frame represent the rubberized sealer I used (very thin layer) to hopefully minimize any squeaking from that area in the future. My kit came with rubber strips to stick to the bracket to minimize the squeaks, but I just added a little extra insurance.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
excellent write up! it is pretty self explanatory. i did this on the rear of my 07 zx4. only difficult part was reaching the top bolts on the clamps. not much room there. but once i got those tightened up... it was smooth sailing through calm seas. dunno how the 21mm bar is on the rear but my 25 mm eibach bar is sick! just adding the rear bar on is like night and day. i have a feeling that when i get my new wheels and tires on and i do the front bar.... it will be like riding on rails!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts