Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a ZX3 thats having and extremely annoying problem. It just wont start and before you go saying anything, check this out it wont even turn. I turn the key and it just acts like its a non chipped key if you know what i mean no turn no nothing just lights and the bells even if you try to jump it still wont even turn. NO my batterys not dead NO my starters not shot and niether is the solenoid and it only does this when it gets really cold any ideas or realitivity let me know thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it a manual trans? If so, it may be the start interlock switch that is activated when you depress the clutch pedal to the floor. Fix it by pulling out on the switch plunger and it will reset when you next depress the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it is the clutch sensor but ive disconnected it trying what u said with only a 25 percent success rate so im gonna get a whole damn new one

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yea they are not to much money but you can also try just pushing the sensor in all the way with your hand and then reaching up turn the key see if it starts, just make sure you are not in gear (could end badly if you are)

·
Registered
265 Posts
if i read what you said right, if the key dosetn turn at all, then your problem is the ignition silenoid, its one of the most common failures on a focus, just check if you have the new style of silinoid, it cant be the clutch sensor cus if it was that then the key would turn, and the car just wouldent turn on,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok update and to jpmoney707 all my idiot lights my stereo and bells go off when i turn the key to on but when i go to start nothing. As for the clutch sensor im getting a new one tomorow it was only $23 bucks its worth a try incase that dont work keep posting suggestions plez and 02zx3 i tried holding it with my hand and turning the key but just as i thought nothing.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
sounds like the clutch switch behind the clutch pedal isnt disengaging when you press the pedal. the switch is probobly stuck when it gets cold and it thinks the clutch isnt pressed in. look under the dash behind the pedal and see if you cant tap it or pull on it and get it to pop out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts