Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have $2,000. to spend on my '03 ZX3[:D] right now. I'm going to race my friends Euro '04 SVT this October(towards Halloween[}:)] ). What do I need performance bolt-ons in order to beat him.[???:)]
I currently have Denso Iridium spark plugs, a cone filter - but I want a good intake system, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials for the Front, and 4.06 gears are on the way later this week.[:p]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
his car is stock for now? and we both know how to drive our cars.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about top speed? would a diablo chip help[pray] or should i forget it[bash] - since he has got up to about 145mph.[driving]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
if you want to beat an SVT youll need:

UDP
TB
Intake
race header or shorty header and high flow cat or off road pipe
flexpipe
Catback
cam gears
cams
and a dyno tune
70mm MAF, ported 2000 manifold, and 24lb injectors will help too

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
depends on the options to. i can hang with an svt with just 3 mods. but thats with a system and traction control. svts can run anywhere from 15.3 (reported dont believe) to a 16.0... seeing how ive hung right next and beaten a couple SVTs in a 16 sec focus at best id say shoot for high 15s if he has a loaded SVT and just outdrive him.... one of the SVTs was my friends though and i got in his SVT and he got in mine and we raced and i won in the SVT by nearly half a car length. driver can really matter in close races like this.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeh but w/ the stuff i listed theres no doubt whether youll beat him or not[:p]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Yeah...that's alittle over the top there mofo.

Seems to me the average SVT 1/4 is 15.8

With an intake, exhaust, tb, and udp you should be pretty damn close.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i just kind of listed my mods and those of ppl tat i know that have beaten SVTs[:)] but yeh thats about right

1 - 12 of 12 Posts