Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious, who would more then likely win a race between a celica and ZX3. I know there are differnt types of Celica's but I think this one is the regular one, if that makes any sence. I would like to run him but it's always nice to know how fast the other car is first. I know he doesn't have any mods. And my list of mods is pretty small to. Just a magnaflow CAT back and volant intake. What you guys think?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i drive celica's all day long and with a cat-back volant...you would have no problem with a gt

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
kickn your a toyota technican whats up with the gt-s celicas i think thats there name badge? whats so special bout one of those? i didnt know a focus could be a celica or at least the gt's even i know celicas are not that fast but compaired to a focus i think a celica would win....i stumped vats very very vierd

·
Registered
875 Posts
Even with the GT-S, it makes less torque than the PZEV, and the good cams don't kick in until 6-something thousand RPM.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
My buddy has a gt with a exhaust, and cai. I havent raced him yet, but I'll let you know when I do.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
even the gt-s celicas aren't that fast. Yeah, they have a good engine, but the gearing sucks and the lack of torque only pronounces the problem. If the celica had a better tranny and gearing, it would be a blast. IMO, that 2ZZ engine (or whatever its called) is the best damn sounding NA stock 4-cyl....but that doesn't make up for its shortcomings.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I hate celicas, I have raced quite a few, the folks driving them usually think they are some elite performance car, till they get mcspanked by a sleepy lil foci!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Fun little car, but not all that fast, I agree with others, you should take him unless its an s, if its just for fun, go for it.., if its an s you still have a chance..have fun, let us know how it comes out!

·
Registered
481 Posts
my friend had a gts and i had a 99 chevy cavalier z24. i smoked the kid 4 times. it has the sport shift crap which doesnt really do anything. my z24 was stock and he had a fart can and aem cai. i think my zx3 is faster then my old z24, i dunno i havent raced it yet. the gts is all talk and show but no go. i would feel confident if you know how to shift that you could smoke him or at least give him a run for his money. (and take it)

·
Registered
386 Posts
I ran a few celicas and you are right, they are not that quick, even if it is the GT-S A few mods on the PZEV would mean victory. I personally think toyota will pull back strong the comming year with their Supra.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
turbo989 said:
I ran a few celicas and you are right, they are not that quick, even if it is the GT-S A few mods on the PZEV would mean victory. I personally think toyota will pull back strong the comming year with their Supra.
if the supra happens...

celica gt-s w/ i/h/e= 14.2 ...so barely any mods on a celica is fine. heh

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Unfortunately, they bring in what they sell, and right now with fat lazy americans its SUV's baby thats all we want 7,000 pound all wheel drive crash me in 2 inches of snow SUV's ( sorry I have a bias, )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alright guys i know this guy who has a celica GT with exhaust, intake, and a big spray painted wing.... ive been hearing crap about him sayin he'll "EAT UP MY SVT FOCUS". So im gonna run his ass at tracks sum time. wut do u guys think do i have to worry????? also im gettin payed soon and im planning to do a cheap mod for like $300. wut du you guys think i should get??? thanks
kevin (808hawaii)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would say ORP from Focus-Central for like $200. If you already have that I would get a cat-back, I got my MBRP in 2.5" from McNews Automotive for $363.00 to my door. I have heard good things about Steeda's intake too, I think it's like $150. My favorite mod has been the ORP though, I can't beat the power for the money.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
ORP from FC $200 Steeda Short Throw Shifter you can get for $100 shipped it might come up to a lil over $300 but thats the best bet for your money

1 - 20 of 21 Posts