Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a totaled SVT worth?
I have a possibility of getting one. It is damaged in front. Do I buy it and swap the drive-train, ECU and usable suspension out?

Will I need much more to do it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I can't answer the first question, but you can buy all new suspension from Tousley for not very much cash. As for Engine/Trans, you can pick those up for probably $1500 if you can find one locally. Do you feel like parting the car out? I could use some interior stuff.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is Blue good for you?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Would also be interested in some various small pieces of interior as well as the rear side door panels (well it's a 3 door, but the panels where the door would be if that makes sense).

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
What is a totaled SVT worth?
I have a possibility of getting one. It is damaged in front. Do I buy it and swap the drive-train, ECU and usable suspension out?

Will I need much more to do it?

Thanks in advance.
I did it to my car. You pretty much need the entire car

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did it to my car. You pretty much need the entire car
~Sorry the thread-jack, but~
Hey kauai guy, could you give more details on the process of the swap? I'm in a similar situation as freemind.

I've found a guy who bought a "totalled" svt, with 88k on the engine, from the local insurance auction and he's looking to resell the whole thing for $1500, cosmetically it has damage to the passenger door and fender, everything else about the car is pretty clean so i'm figuring I would have everything to do a full swap (including even the brakes front and rear, svt 5 spokes, seemingly intact suspension, and mach HIDs) but how much effort is it? is it really like a week long type of job? because my zx3 is my daily, and i can't have her down for a week while i literally move every thing off the svt onto her, which means I'd have to use vacation time for the swap, and it would all be done in a driveway since my garage has been converted into a room...

so basically is $1500 a good price? Is it worth it? and could i do the swap in a timely fashion?

~again sorry if I'm sorta thread jacking~

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^That is a better price than I can get.

But I figure if I let him stew for another week, he will come down on the price.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
~Sorry the thread-jack, but~
Hey kauai guy, could you give more details on the process of the swap? I'm in a similar situation as freemind.

I've found a guy who bought a "totalled" svt, with 88k on the engine, from the local insurance auction and he's looking to resell the whole thing for $1500, cosmetically it has damage to the passenger door and fender, everything else about the car is pretty clean so i'm figuring I would have everything to do a full swap (including even the brakes front and rear, svt 5 spokes, seemingly intact suspension, and mach HIDs) but how much effort is it? is it really like a week long type of job? because my zx3 is my daily, and i can't have her down for a week while i literally move every thing off the svt onto her, which means I'd have to use vacation time for the swap, and it would all be done in a driveway since my garage has been converted into a room...

so basically is $1500 a good price? Is it worth it? and could i do the swap in a timely fashion?

~again sorry if I'm sorta thread jacking~
If it's only cosmetic damage to the door and fender, I would just swap on a good door and fender, sell your current ZX3, and just run the SVT daily. SVT's are still worth quite a bit, and if the damage is only a door and fender it would be a lot easier to just swap those.

Granted the chassis is straight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thought of that, the issue is that because the insurance agency has deemed it totaled it has a Florida "Certificate of Destruction" on the VIN so it can't be registered in FL, maybe if I swapped VIN Plates from my car, and just never sold it? IDK but 1500 is a sweet price...

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thought of that, the issue is that because the insurance agency has deemed it totaled it has a Florida "Certificate of Destruction" on the VIN so it can't be registered in FL, maybe if I swapped VIN Plates from my car, and just never sold it? IDK but 1500 is a sweet price...
FL has some of the strangest laws in the Nation. Totally lax on some and Nazi-like on others. Plus, you have that awesome Govenor!

·
Registered
385 Posts
$1500 may be a sweet price, but is it really worth risking jail time/fines? VIN tampering is a pretty serious offense.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Eh, since the title is pretty much destroyed, it's better to swap.

If you buy it, prepare ahead. Buy a new Luk clutch kit, timing belt kit, and some Ford Honey.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1500 not a bad price... I just bought a wrecked 02 with 61K for 1400 for the motor and trans for my 4cyl dirt track car about 3 months ago and FYI it took about 3 weeks to swap over motor,trans,axles,shifter,gas tank,peddles,steering column,ecu and wiring,power steering rack. I didnt swap brakes mainly becuz i wanted to run 14s for the track and i only swapped out a spring in the back and a strut/spring in the front.... Also had to make a new collector and new exhaust so that took a few nights... This was 3 weeks mainly just about 3-4 hours a night after work and weekends and it wasnt THAT bad it went pretty smooth actually.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts