Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ive been doing some searching, and sending some emails.. Im working on a headers back exhaust for my car, and im getting a vortech, so i cant get shorty headers. well i got some prices and some info from a few people. The best price for the SVT headers is 265 from MCNEWS. And from MyFordPerformance.com the OE catalytic converter is about 395 dollars (they say retail is about 552 not sure if that is true or not seems like alot) . and the flex pipe is about 125. From what im told, they should fit in w/ no modification of anything. a focus sport flex pipe will not connect to the SVT converter but a focus sport exhaust/cat back will connect to the SVT flex pipe w/o modification, but someone else told me that the bolt holes may need to be modified.

MCNEWS.com SVT headers for zx3 265
myfordperformance OE svt converter 395
myfordperformance OE svt flex pipe 125
focus sport stealth exhaust w/ ceramic coat about 430
total 1215 dollars for a full setup,
less is you dont get the ceramic coating and get a straight pipe instead of the Converter.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Why do you want the cat, its illegal regardless of what cat you use. I see no point it retaining a cat. Its just expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Wait for McNews to have the complete kit. The SVT cat or orp needs a small length of pipe to connect to a Zetec flex. And yeah, skip that ridiculously expensive cat and go with an orp.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i was actually gonna look for a junk SVT
may be hard but i can get that shit and rear brakes, if i get lucky
haha

·
Registered
862 Posts
We just received the pieces to make a random cat prototype we wwill make straight pipes and cat pipes. we will have everything to use factory SVT or aftermarket cat. We have the SVT cats cheaper than 300.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yel900rr how much is your full SVT kit w/ the other pipe and all the bungs? the other connector pipe is 2.5" correct?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is that the SVT header kit, flex and converter?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Yes I believe that is for the combination you want to use axman, though I am still unsure why you want a cat? Its illegal anyway.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they dont inspect for a cat in connecticut they just check the exhaust, so when i go for inspection i dont have to worry about unbolting and rebolting stuff, and if i get pulled over i can show him the converter if im asked...

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Yel900rr said:
I figure around 650 for everything. We will have 2 1/2 in and 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 out.
thats w/ the cat or the non cat pipe? seems to me like over 300 (being that the header kit is 265?) for the custom pipe is alot though?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im guessing its 625 for the converter, probobly less w/ the straight pipe

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about flex pipe? should we just get a FS or a OE one?

·
Registered
862 Posts
That was including a flexpipe like a bosal or FS. The full 2 1/2 is going to be a little more. We are waiting for an estimate to have them made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts