Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got around to doing it. Had the MX-3000 ZX3 kit for a while now. Started about eleven am. Just now finished the rear, about to move on to the front. Figured I'd post some pics.

Attachments

w/ my magic bag
Great....I'd install new strut mounts when you get to doing the front. IDK why but I've always started at the front 1st.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I bought KYB strut mounts as well. I wanted to do the back first just because I hate compressing springs. Just finished front driver's side and now getting lunch. Then I'll go tackle passenger side and post some more pics.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
It's a Trubendz 2.5" with Magnaflow muffler, no resonator. It's a prototype they had, kinda funny the guy there said he has no idea why, but somebody spray painted the muffler with some black paint. 馃榿 Was$150 or the door and shipped. I was constantly checking them out, and over night it popped up, so I paid within minutes. Had a local shop weld it on. I don't like over head welding.

Attachments

Registered
Damn passenger side Allen key was stripped! Had to cut the spring twice, then cut the chrome moly shaft of the strut to retrieve the spring seat! Ugh. About to put it back on, then test drive time.
I gripped the shock shaft with vise grips and used an impact to remove the top nut on my old struts

w/ my magic bag
Least you got the old one off & the new setup installed....You'll want to get the front & rear toe set thou.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Felixthecat
15 minutes ago 路 #8
Least you got the old one off & the new setup installed....You'll want to get the front & rear toe set thou.....
Is that something I can do on my own, or bring it to shop?
Probably shop.

Registered
I can鈥檛 wait to order this setup and get it done! My car is too dang low for my liking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
It's worth it! Suspension is tight and very manageable. Not bouncy or to firm. It's supposed to be like a half inch lower than stock, can't say I notice any difference getting in and out of the car, but does appear slightly lower. Bought mine after shopping around for awhile, check a bunch of places, deals change, I think I paid like $277 or something. But I had two other parts that were supposed to come with and then were put to back order, so the total was over $300 which got me a discount. Once I found out that the two mounts were on backorder I cancelled them and the difference left me at $277. So the deal was good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts