Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done a v6 conversion with a supercharger as well in the zx3? I couldn't search the word 'v6' because it's too short

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The V6 has been done, FocusSalvage's much-discussed and (I think) recently put up for sale, V6 Focus. He used the SVT Contour engine I believe.

Havent heard of one boosted tho. I suppose the question would be finding a blower to fit on a block like this in an engine bay this size. Which will make sense if and only if this following images link correctly:

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I don't know where you would put it. that is a tight engine bay. I have been all over that car as Jeremy is a good friend of mine. Very nice install, very professional, but a blower would be tight. A cent. like a procharger would be possible ( and fun ). Buy his v6 and do it!!!... His brother has a SHO V6 in his, which def. takes up a bit more room, but it looks awesome.
Yes, buy his v6 and talk his brother into doing the procharger install on it! Yes, YES DO IT!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might be a little hard me living in canada, but otherwise i might consider it.

Viney, do you have any idea how much it cost him to piece it together? would a modified hood fit an s/c? or is it lateral room in the engine bay that's restricting?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Wouldnt it be cheaper dropping in a non supercharged Ford 302 or351?
Figure the cost of the v6 coupled with the supercharger price mght be greater than a v8 conversion.
Check out YOUTUBE.COM and search FOCUS V8.
Shows the ZX351 Shakedown Runs.
Its insane.
Probably not the most streetable car though....
Depends on what your looking for.
Just a thought-DC

·
Registered
894 Posts
Supercharger I would say couldn't happen(because of clearance issues), but if there is a blower company that would be willing to send me one to try I sure would........most likey would have to go turbo, no room on top but under there is alot of room for cutsom maifolds and piping.......

·
Registered
894 Posts
Also, there is far less fabing and customizing a v6 than a V8 and way less cost involved even going FI afterwards.............v8 swaps a cool buy not very practical, but you'll also hear that my v6 swap isn't practical either..........if you want a powerful RWD V8, go buy a late model cobra......you'll have close to that in a nice v8 swap..........

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
What I like about his V6 swap ( my two cents ), is its so well executed it almost looks factory, MANY people at Carlisle walk right by the car and don't realize what the are looking at !!! It is very clean and seems to be very practical. It was a daily driver until he got the new SVT...
I think we could fit a procharger down under the right side somewhere...Maybe?? But yes, I agree if a company will send us a demo. I'm sure we could be talked into installing it...LOL

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It does look like its factory.
Looks very nice.
How is it on gas?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The V8 swap would probably be more practical in the long run. Finding room for a supercharger with the V6 swap would probably involve relocating a few things(battery, etc) and deleting a few other accessories(A/C, etc) or raising the hood quite a bit for clearance. Not to mention putting that kind of horsepower to the wheels on a FWD car would make it extremely unwieldy. That kind of horsepower is only really driveable on RWD and AWD cars.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
It would be silly. Now I want to do it. Anyone have a spare blower laying around for a cool project?? LOL

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I just like the sound on that YOUTUBE Focus V8!
I do have a radical 302 sitting in a 76 Granada that Im not doing much with....
Would love to hear a supercharged v6 Focus as well tho...
Anyone want to take that Granada off my hands for cheap?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
It would be cool to SC a V6 but like he said, there is not a lot of room on the other hand...

DC how much do u want for just the 302? my Rambler has got plenty of engine space and is begging for a small block. I was gonna get t25 for it otherwise. I was told about 1600 bucks to make up a nice mani.

Logan

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
900.00 For the complete running car with a ton of parts.
That small block would hook you up.
Located in Pennsylvania.
radical cam,edelbrock 4 barrel and intake....
pm me if interested.
Makes that land yacht Granada of mine run like crazy!

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Logan175 said:
It would be cool to SC a V6 but like he said, there is not a lot of room on the other hand...

DC how much do u want for just the 302? my Rambler has got plenty of engine space and is begging for a small block. I was gonna get t25 for it otherwise. I was told about 1600 bucks to make up a nice mani.

Logan
[slap] LOGAN!!!

You needaChryCo motor if you want to find something that will use the stock pushbutton unit. A-Block pushbottons are a dime per dozen in Hemmings Motor News, and you can't beat the early design 727 with dual pumps. The only bummer is converting the output shaft to a later model design that uses a standard U-joint instead of the ball and trunion joint that was used during the push button years.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
v6focus

v6focus

do you have a thread on what you did to do the v6 conversion? in the end, was it worth it? how much did it cost?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool site.

v6 - why are you selling your car? do you think the v6 conversion was worth it? or would it have been better to just turbo your car?

By the way, do you have any dyno numbers?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
ive seen a cobra motor with the supercharger on a foci it fits but they had to relocate the radatior. so it can be done. i was told that the cobra 3v motor is old is was in the old mark 4's since 92 and then was put into the corba in 00' so its pretty old. but the cool thing is that some of those were front wheel drive so i think if someone tried they could keep there foci FWD with the cobra V8

1 - 20 of 20 Posts