Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anybody knew where i could buy the sub box that the svtf has in the audiophile package. i want to put an 8" sub back there and i think that the svtf box would fit perfectly, no? if not, what other options that are similar to this can i put back in the hatch? thnx : )
[drinking]

·
Registered
30 Posts
I purchased a new Subbox and speakers from an 2003 STV off E-bay for about $70.00. It mounts in the left wheel well. The amp sits on top but has a specail for plug. The other problem I found was it needs a new side cover since it sticks out about 2 inches more and a mounting bracket. Be sure these things are included. Ford sells Sub, amp and bracket for $254 new. The cover I beliveve was $154, but no could tell for sure if that was the one since they had no pictures????
The system I bought was the full SVT audiophile system with door rear and sub. Rears are the same as any stock focus, but the front are sealed boxes with a 3" woofer and a 1" tweeter. It would be best to use a small after market amp to replace fords to make wiring more simple.

Hehe if anyone know where I can get a bracket and cover (black) pls let me know :)

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
you could always use a little fiberglass and build your own. I should have pics sup soon of mine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry forgot this: Did see a subbox on Ebay with no woofer or amp for $10. Would fit and you could find after markets speakers and amps pretty cheap. To keep stock look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm, i could always just buy a hatch style box and mount it to the floor. i really like how the svtf box integrates so well into the car though. i hope we can find a reasonible price for this setup. i don't want my ford dealer ripping me off :-(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well you could always look into the JL audio Stealthbox for the Focus. It comes loaded with a 10" sub and carpeted to match your interior. It will cost a bit, but from the sounds of things wouldnt be far off of buying the stuff from ford. It will keep you with a stock setup look tho. The only difference is that you wouldnt be able to mount your amp on top of the box hidden like you could on the SVT sub setup since the box is carpeted and there isnt a seperate cover.

check it out here:::::
http://jlaudio.com/stealthbox/focus.html
[thumb]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, i think that is real close to what i'm looking for. it looks like the svtf unit and my local audio shop carries ///Alpine & JLaudio. i'll see what they quote me on install. i hope this will help fill my bass out nicely : )
[clap]

·
Registered
424 Posts
Does anyone know where to purchase the JL system? No purchase links on their site.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've got a rf 10" sub and my friend and I are going to build a custom box for it to fit where the audiophile sub fits. I'm also going to mount the amp under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm running 2 12" Sony XPLODs (400 Wats Nominal) in a 3 cubic foot side-by-side box powered by a 600 W Rockford Fosgate amp in bridged mode. Also, the speakers are wired in parrelel so they are at 2 Ohms.

In the end, VERY loud. I had a guy who lives in my apartments on the 3rd floor ask me about them today. He said that he heard them from in his apartment.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I've got pics in my gallery of my box. It's a combo wood and fiberglass with a 12 in Infinity Kappa Perfect VQ. It took some time and work, but it looks pretty good and sounds great.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
This is a Q logic box, I think it was $150. It fits a 10".

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
imo... an 8 inch sub wont add much bass...

if your looking for a lot of bass, try just using a regualr, sealed box that you can buy at best buy or circuit...

right now im running two rockford fosgtate 10' p2 subs, and a 550.2 rockford amp...

very, very loud, and nice and crisp...

i made a false floor out of 3/4 mdf, and screwed the box to that with "L" brackets...

the box doesnt move at all, and the false floor is really nice... it takes away from the cheapness that ford did when they put carpet down and said "thats it!"

if your looking for something stealthy, then go with the jl box.. im sure you can find them used on ebay for much cheaper than what they sell them for...

then just go and get a nice 10 inch sub, and amp, wiring kit..etc...

and static... why would you put the amp under the drivers seat?

i understand the whole hiding it thing... but imo, theres too much travel under the seat, moving it forward and such... not to mention that if its raining outside, water could get to it when you open the door, or from rain soaked shoes... that, and its too close to the bottom of the car for my taste... that, and you have to drill through the bottom of the car to mount it...

i say go for the back of the back seats... solid metal backing. and, if someone wants to steal your amp, its gonna be goine regardless of where you put it, so might as well mount it in the trunk.. that way its out of harms way, and you dont need to worry about drilling through the body of the car to mount it, or someone kicking it and knocking wires loose when they are in your back seat

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^you can mount it underneath the seat, to the seat, thers enough room, its annoying if you wanna adjust settings, but it does save trunk space, and less wires exposed, im gonna plan on doing my new audio setup this winter to see what i can do to hide mine

1 - 20 of 26 Posts