Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought this Base model 06 ZX3 back in 08 for a cheap daily driver. Drove it a few years, crashed it, let it sit for 5-6 years, got it back together and been driving it the last few years. Only has 88k miles on it.

Not going to be a Racecar. I'm still going to use it for a daily driver, just want to have a little more fun with it. Always liked the rally look and I tend to put some miles on the Gravel and back roads.

Going to be an ongoing project as I collect parts and work on it in stages so I can keep it on the road as much as possible. I'll put everything I do in this one thread to keep it consolidated.

Plan is to do The Norm's suspension setup.
SVT brakes and Sway Bars.
New Wheels and Tires
All new Suspension Bushings
Sound deadening the interior
Might get into some exhaust and a Tune eventually

Here's how she sits now. All stock

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Collecting parts as budget allows.
Bought an SVT parts car for $120
Robbed what I could from it and junked the shell.

Got the Wagon Springs and the Massive rear Caliper brackets

Look at the difference in the SVT springs and the Wagon LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks like fun.

Your profile doesn't say what area you are in.

Do you have any SCCA(or otherwise) Rallycrosses or rally schools in your area?

It's a lot of fun and can teach you a lot.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like fun.

Your profile doesn't say what area you are in.

Do you have any SCCA(or otherwise) Rallycrosses or rally schools in your area?

It's a lot of fun and can teach you a lot.
I'm in Decatur TX
No rally racing that I know of around here. There is a rally school down south I think

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just ordered the SVT shocks and Energy Suspension bushings
I love my energy suspension bushings! I've replaced the bar end links and rear sway bar bushings along with the rear lower motor mount bushings. Replacing the crapola rubber with the polyurethane in that rear lower motor mount I noticed the biggest difference. Shifts were better, felt quicker, I think it's the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love my energy suspension bushings! I've replaced the bar end links and rear sway bar bushings along with the rear lower motor mount bushings. Replacing the crapola rubber with the polyurethane in that rear lower motor mount I noticed the biggest difference. Shifts were better, felt quicker, I think it's the best bang for the buck.
Yeah I put in the MSS dog bone bushings a few weeks ago. Nice difference in shifting and less wheel hop when exiting a corner hard.
A lot more vibration in the car though. I will be pulling up the carpet and adding a bunch of dynamat inside for sure. This thing is a rattle box and it's only going to get worse with stiffer springs and Poly Bushings

·
Registered
104 Posts
You might want to look at replacing the other two mounts as well. I noticed no extra vibrations once the poly bushings were in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shocks and Poly Bushings just showed up. Hope to get started this weekend.
Need to get on the Lathe and make the Front Coil Spring Spacers first

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sweet! What are u going to use a lathe for? To make what out of what? I'm only familiar with using a lathe to make things out of wood.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts