Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size are the stock speakers on a 2002 ZX3?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would it be possible to mount 6 1/2" speakers without much trouble?

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
in general, round speakers are better than any oval speaker. so i'd definately suggest getting that. for the adapter plate you should make it out of a dense wood that is about 1/2 thick so it doens't vibrate and also fixes any depth problems. to get an idea of what i'm talking about look at someone elses car that i saw. http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/230931/4 . what speakers are you thinking about getting?

- Scott

·
Registered
639 Posts
you can buy an adapter plate at pretty much any car electronics store, or make one yourself. oh and next time try searching, you'll probably find what you are looking for without having to post

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have some Pioneer 6 1/2" speakers in my Sentra, I'm going to use them in my Focus unless my dad buys them from me (He's driving the Nissan when I get my Focus).

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
There's going to be a bit of modification to the mounts and you'll need a custom mounting plate, but it can be done. I'm putting 6.5 components in the front and already have 5.25 components installed in the rear.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the help, I'm probably going to buy some components for the front and use the coaxials from my Nissan for rear fill.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, probably with a Hifonics NX440 or NX880.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Q-forms kick panel speaker mounts will give you the best spacial imaging for the money. I'm debating about getting a pair myself and then trying to put a midbass only in the doors (80-200Hz). I did a simlar setup in my Isuzu truck but I actually put an 8" in the door there and it was sweet - it's great that have that much good sounding bass up front. However, the space is very limited in the Focus door unless you wanted to do some outrageously custom door panels.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would be awesome if I could squeeze some 8" subs up front, but as long as some 6 1/2" components will fit then I'll be happy. [thumb]

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
the kick panels work great, i had them for a while and then i used them for a mold to build some custom ones, mostly just to get some expewirene working with fiberglass, just so you know though, to put 6.5" speakers in there, 90% of them won't fit as a drop in, you'll have to mount them from the back if you know what i mean, you cut a hole and then place the speaker on the backside of the kickpanel and then put screws though the backside and put some nuts on the other side to hold it there. by doign this though, some speakers will cause the kickpanel to not fit flush aginst the carpet, i didn't have any problems with the drivers side kick but the passenger side did that, although it wasen't noticable, just thought i'd mention it.

- Scott

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the information - that could save me some time in the future!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just installed rockford fosgate componex x"s in my car and the sub for them is 6 1/2". all I did was look up adaper brackets on ebay and they bolted riight up.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The only thing sounddomain.com is good for is to get the size of you speekers in yor car. I always go there when about to replace my friends or my equipment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts