Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 sedan. I'm curious, did any of these come with full black interior? The one thing that really drives me crazy is the black and white/gray interior i.e the A, B,C pillars. I've looked and looked and haven't been able to find anything. If they didnt, is there another solution to making these parts black? I've heard of people painting their interior but I've always thought it was really cheesy and cheap looking. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't think so. That was in the beginning stages of that era we're still kind of in now, where everything has to be everything to everyone all of the time. Don't like black interior? Don't like white interior? This car has both! My 06 Fusion is the same exact way.

·
Super Moderator
9,564 Posts
Moved to "MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades". Perhaps someone here would have the right information that you need.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
They never made the sections your asking about black. Like has been said, they were all made in the hideous light grey.

You have really two options. First is painting the pillars; with the right paint (plastic, flat black IMO) they can look really good and still look OEM. Second, you can vinyl them which will also look really good with the right material but is harder to install.

Lastly, if you want to change the headliner to black as well, I'd suggest either using black cloth or black carpet laid over top. There's also a paint/stain that is meant for this purpose but I have never seen the results in person so I can't say how well it turns out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only real issue I see with vinyl wrapping is, I feel it will have a smooth finish whereas the pieces that don't need to be wrapped will have a texture to them.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You can wrap them in cloth as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was my other idea actually. I may just wrapped them in some cloth. We did that a friend's s10 a few years back and it came out really well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts