Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around a parking lot last night when my car just didnt want to move forward at all. I let it sit over night and went to it this morning and not it drives forward and backwards but it accelerates very slowly. Im not very mechanical but i have some knowledge on fixing cars so if its something i can fix today id rather do that than wait until tuesday to take it to the dealership. thanks all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Engine revving but not moving foward, however after letting it sit over night it will move forward and backwards and it will actually accelerate just slowly. its got 74000 miles on it no recent maintenance (ive had it about a month) and its a 5spd manual also about 2 weeks ago the check engine light came on and i got it checked out it was code p2008 IMRC is stuck open if that helps

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Maybe the rear brakes are rusted and sticking. If I let mine sit for a week with the hand brake on the rear brakes will stick.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Engine revving without corresponding forward motion when in gear is likely a clutch issue, USUALLY shows up in higher gears first, B4 having issues at low speeds...

We REALLY need more info. to make informed guesses to try to help...

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Something is wrong with the clutch- no idea what it is. The slave cylinder could be stuck, the disc could be bad, it's impossible to diagnose this over the internet.

I had a simliar problem once after trying to powershift- nothing happened. The car went into gear and it simply didn't go. After sitting for several hours it was fine. Unfortunately for me, it fixed itself while sitting at the Ford dealer. They racked up 50 miles on my car to test it to be sure it was fixed. Thanks guys.

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
im with sailor,
sounds like a clutch issue...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
We HAVE seen "sudden" failures here on-line when something breaks & jams up in the clutch mechanism preventing it from engaging properly - Feedback from the OP would be useful... Absent that, we really can't guess any more....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey sorry for the delay i had to work but before work i drove it around my complex to see if anything and it seemed to be getting better and when i got off work it was almost fine at the low gears i didnt go higher than second. tomorrow ill test it on some side roads. i was thinking though, when it happened there was heavy rain the parking lot and roads where a little flooded but nothing to crazy could that of caused something?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yup - the car would die from ingesting water B4 there would be clutch issues from deep water....

Sounds like whatever was stuck freed itself up...

Loose pieces of clutch material HAVE been known to jam things up - if you are LUCKY they are small, drop out to the bottom of the housing & cause no future issues 'cause they are then out of the way.....

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi JTGtonite,

I'm glad your problem seems to have resolved itself. You may want to consider visiting your local dealer to have them check it over just to make sure everything is functioning correctly, and to prevent any future issues. Please let me know if I can help in any way!

~Natasha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts