Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever had a squeak in the top mount of the rear shock absorber of your ZX3? I've got this dry intermittent squeak coming from my passenger side rear shock and I can't seam to get rid of it! Any ideas? Help!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Yup, I have the exact same squeaking. I am gonna use the same lube as the urethane sway bar grease. Tomorrow. I will let you know how it works. It's loud.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Just grease all the bushings on your sway bar that should get rid of almost all the squeaks.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Both my front shocks squeak after long drives I assume after they get hot. I dropped my car 2" but kept the stock shocks and I figured it's just taking a toll on em as it should. after the car sits a while the noise goes away again till I go for a long drive. It does it when I do low speed turns and when I go over bumps at low speeds. I thought for the longest time it was either the sway bar bushings or the steering rack but I really think it's just wore out shocks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the exact same squeak and I thought it was the top shock mount. I removed the shock and shook the car up and down and the squeak was still there. It turned out to be the bushing that is located just in front of the right rear wheel right below the rear side passenger door fastened to the underside of the car. I soaked the bushing with WD-40 a couple of times and now the squeak is completely gone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I removed the shock and shook the car up and down,I compressed the shock several times and there was no squeak. I reinstalled the shock and the squeak returned!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I removed the shock and shook the car up and down,I compressed the shock several times and there was no squeak. I reinstalled the shock and the squeak returned!
Did you get them lubed up? How is it now. I didnt have time to do mine yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not yet,I haven't had time and we've been having rainy weather,I'm going to give it a try!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lubed everything underneath the car and as soon as everything settled in again(less than 20 mi)it started squeaking again! Maybe I just need to buy a better stereo lol!

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
You need a shim cfm sells them

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I lubed everything underneath the car and as soon as everything settled in again(less than 20 mi)it started squeaking again! Maybe I just need to buy a better stereo lol!
Thats exactly what i did at work yesterday. Still squeaking. And I have the shims from CFM. It got rid of the rattle I had, but I am almost positive its the upper rear shock rubber. Inside the car. Gonna get to it tomorrow. But now I have a slave cyl leaking. Again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I replaced my original factory shocks today with kyb's and what a difference! It rides kinda stiff now,I have shims from cfm installed as well so that might be part of the reason for that,but so far, no squeak!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts