Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have info on a stock cold air intake for the 04 zx3? A while back I ran over some truck tread in the xpressway at night and it tore up some stuff under the car. One part was on the right side (if youre looking at the grill) lower grille, its a round tube that connected to a small-square box which then leads up the air filter.

I took it to a dealership for the replacement part and the tech had never seen that before. He asked if it was aftermarket and I said no, it was on the car when I bought it and the car was brand new then. Anyone know where I can find the parts to replace the tube and box its connected to!?

Thx for any help,

Kirby

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
...a round tube that connected to a small-square box which then leads up the air filter.
The air filter housing and element is mounted down low on your vehicle. The round tube leads up to a resonator. I think you've assumed the resonator is the air filter.
Sounds like you've done in the air filter which on your model year is a "lifetime" filter and is sold as a non-serviceable completely sealed unit. The stock part is only available at the dealer AFAIK and it's expensive to replace. It is possible to substitute an aftermarket intake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took another look at it yesterday and you correct. Its just the other way around..the air tube from the grill goes into a resonator box and then a long tube goes up into the air filter at the top of the engine. It looks like I need a new tube and resonator box :\

(I did take some pics if you or anyone wants to see them)

KC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts