Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm having an issue with my beloved ZX3 Ztech, she just won't start. I put the key in, no idiot lights flashing, I turn the key and it draws power (dimming the dash lights) but no start. I put a new battery in and still the same issue.

I do not hear the starter solenoid click, so being it's a 5 speed I attempted to push start the car several times and nothing.

Before this issue I had a new alternator installed and had no issues for weeks, then I parked the car where it sat for 2 months (was out of town) and now this.

Usually I'd just replace the starter, but being that push starting it didn't work it's got me confused.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
I would start with checking all fuses and relays , cleaning and checking Batt cable ends on both ends

Do you have - - - - - - on the Odometer or does it show the miles

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the step in the right direction! I've got the actual miles on my display. Just curious what ------ would mean, for future refernce

Thanks again!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would suggest checking the pigtail coming off alternator, being you just had it replaced. There are a lot of foci owners who've had troubles with that. I'm not sure if this is the cause in your case, but if you do some research it might point you in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts