Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2002 zx3 about 136K miles my focus pulls to the right if i let the steering wheel go it will switch lanes. any ideas of what i should look for? or at? thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Brake drag can be the worst, and it's easiest to check (by jacking up & spinning wheels).

Can't leave out bad/soft tire, even assuming you'd looked at that already.

Loose suspension/bad alignment comes next, that'll take a bit more to check out thoroughly. Minor alignment issues DON'T cause a major pull.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys so i jacked the car up and grabbed it at 9 and 3 and it shook, then i grabbed it at 12 and 6 and it didn't budge. also i noticed the on the DRIVER side the wheel tread was worn more on the inner side then on the PASSENGER side its worn more on the outer side...... any ideas that could help??

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
First step is looking closer at the one that wiggled to see what tie rod joint is loose so you can repair it.

Can't check/adj. any alignment if needed when it's loose, and that could be the whole problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would have the alignment checked first of all. There are many shops who will do an alignment check for free (front-end mostly). I would start there and see what happens. Brakes can cause drag and pulling, but you would typically see strange tire wear from alignment issues.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can anyone help with Tips/walkthrough on how to change my inner and outer tie rods please....???? Thanks
i did watch a youtube video on the outer and it seems simple but I've never done the inner....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts