Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving by a Ford dealership the other day and I noticed the new ZX3 and ZX5 SVT's have different headlights, grills, and bumpers than the non SVT ZX3's and ZX5's. The new headligths are sharp, and they eliminate the need for the turn signals in the front grill, much like the European Focus headlights, which has a cleaner look. Is it possible to do a swap? What kind of rewiring/splicing, if any, is involved? Any thoughts/ideas?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Hum...
Must be talking about the MACH Headlights.
Click here for thread on MACH headlights

The SVTF still has the turn sigs in the grille. Not sure if the amber light in the
MACH headlights flash for turn sigs.

Also, the SVTF grille is not a diamond pattern like the Euro Foci.
It's a honeycomb pattern.

You can get those Headlights as an option.
Since they are an option for the US Focus, I would think that Ford would make it a plug-n-play option.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
If you mean the HID headlights, yes, it can be done. It ain't cheap, but it's not terribly hard, either, since the Focus can be ordered with them, Ford already makes the parts you need.

Check this link out:

http://www.ofoc.ca/hid/

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, you were both right on the money. It was the Mach HID headlights (now I know what they are called) that I saw. In terms of theft, do you know if they can be easily stolen? I ask b/c I'm in NYC and HID lights off of Nissans, Lexus', etc. are easily and frequently stolen with just a screwdriver. If I can find a great price, I want to make sure that these lights are going to stay on the car. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Well, to be honest - if the thief can get the hood open, then yeah the lights aren't gonna be too hard to yank. Just a couple of bolts holding them on, I think. I'm gonna guess and say that the average thief isn't looking for expensive headlights on a Ford Focus, though.

·
Registered
565 Posts
SVT4ME said:
I'm gonna guess and say that the average thief isn't looking for expensive headlights on a Ford Focus, though.
i agree

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yo Schneller, I live in NYC too. Not many "focusfanatics" in the city though. WE may be the only ones.lol Everyone else seems to love civics. I'm thinking of just putting on head light and tail light covers, since that's all my budget can afford.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts