Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didnt get a chance to introduce myself but i'm a prospective zx3 owner and i need help as to why the zx3 i'm looking at grinds all gears... the guy i'm buying it off of does know how to drive and i know because we've raced but before he sells me this car i would like to find out why it grinds in every gear all of the sudden. is it the trans? clutch???? i need help!!! please?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Its prolly the gears. does he have a short throw shifter? anyways, i wonder if he didn't use the clutch or ur cables and linkages aren't right?? i've heard of one or 2 gears, but never all of them!!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Dont buy the car unless you are able to swap a tranny in there. You could get the tranny rebuilt but itd cost more than going junkyard hunting. Buyin that car is just askin for headaches, specially if its been beaten.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
could it be that the clutch is not disengaging all the way. That could cause the problem and it would be a pita. I suggest not buying it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
if it's a hydraulic clutch, the master cylinder might be bad preventing proper operation. You would essentially be "power shifting" into all gears.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Don't buy it dude. I mean unless your getting the deal of the century on it you can probably find something else that would be better.

Try looking on craigslist or autotrader or even our own B/S/T forum.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
If you know its been raced, and its having serious tranny issues, then dont even look twice at buying it. The car is going to end up being a lemon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts