Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want a cold air intake, i found osme cheap ones on ebay, i know they are cheap but still, i think they might work good , i just need the tubing, i got a brand name filter already, so which of these two would fit my 2003 zx3 sohc, they both say they will but they look different.
item number 8076865365 and 200000575211
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8076865365QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cold...tegoryZ38634QQihZ010QQitemZ200000575211QQrdZ1
or if someone has a good one for sale let me know.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Just got with a name brand. The eBay brand ones usually have terrible fitment and are all around junk. If you want something cheaper, check out the MAC or AEM short ram.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright i wont, but does anyone know where i can find a cai for my focus, all i find are aem cai but for dohc engines and i have a sohc

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
really, i believe just about any focus CAI can be made to fit on any focus... really

i'd ask in the SPI forum, because a SOHC isn't a zetec

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I don't think the SOHC SPI carried on into the 2003 model year and I believe no hatches ever got a 2.0l SOHC. Just the DOHC Zetec, D20 and D23.

·
Registered
958 Posts
^^^i was thinking the same thing...if its a hatch then it has to have either a zetec or a duratec engine...and i think the 03's still had the zetec...meaning that u would have a 2.0L dohc engine...what does the valve cover say?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so im in doubt now, its 1 am , and im going outside to go check what it says under the hood,:p

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so it says, 16vZETEC what does that mean, i know 16 valve but does this make it a dohc or sohc?
sorry for the double post, i jsut want to get things cleared up.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
You have a hatchback. The hatchbacks didn't come with a SOHC. You have a DOHC.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great, awesome, thanks for helping clear my confused mind , oh and btw, you have an awesome looking ZX3 ZX3_Chick those rims make it look mean >:D. again thanks everyone for the help, this is why i like this site so much, made it my homepage ;)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
No problem and thanks for the comments on my car[thumb]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looking to get a cai from aem, i see thats what most people get, so i guess it must be good.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i dont know how much rain u get in tx...but u may want to look at getting a bypass valve...its supposed to prevent hydrolock

1 - 15 of 15 Posts