Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY. I PUT A ACT 4 PUCK CLUTCH IN MY 02 FOCUS ZX3 WITH A 9 LB. FIDANZA ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL. I HAVE SINCE BEEN NOTICING THAT THERE IS A LITTLE POWER LOSS THROUGH THE SHIFTS AND THE CLUTCH IS RATTLING WHEN I LET OFF THE CLUTCH. ANY IDEAS? I KNOW ITS NOT THE THROW OUT BEARING BECAUSE I REPLACED THAT ALREADY. AND HAS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE PUT ANY OTHER TYPE OF CLUTCH IN THEIR FOCUS. HOW IS IT AND WHICH CLUTCH CAN I GET THE MOST PERFORMANCE OUT OF?

THANKS

JOSH

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
So I guess you are making 250+ whp since thats would be the only need for that clutch. Also that flywheel is much too light.

How about some info on your other mods.

·
Registered
793 Posts
did u put the clutch in yourself, and also no need to yell!! u can use lowercase letters..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bad. i didn't mean to write in caps. no the clutch and flywheel were installed by a professional shop. and i would have gone with an organic clutch but i am planing on running nitrous and the organic will only handle up to a 50 shot. i am running a 100 shot. and yes, my motor will be making over 250 whp within the year. i could not find any other flywheel that was heavier. any suggestions? the other mods to my focus are in my profile.

thanks again

josh

·
Registered
793 Posts
hmm... have u given the shop a ring to let them know the problem?? also are u running a dry system??? i would choose dry because it will not engage the nitrous unless there is sufficient pressure at the injectors

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i have adress the shop and they think that the flywheel has warped. and the people whom i bought the flywheel from...monkeywrenchracing.... swore up and down that it would not warp and then when i called them, they denied it! as far as the nitrous goes, i am running a wet shot becuase with a dry shot you run the risk of blowing the motor much easier due to the fact that it will be running lean. don't know yet. still researching it. i don't wanna rush into it.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
i thought the only reason for a lightened flywheel is if u were runnin boost-the reason u lost power from shifting is because the lightened flywheel doest carry as much momentum, so the revs drop faster-i think at lest-i might be wrong though

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
^^^ I was wondering that same thing.....hmmm...

·
Registered
697 Posts
"2 1/2"dual exhaust w/hi flo cat & tenzo type 5 mufflers"

hows that working out. kinda astangerd to me, unless he left in like the secondary... know what im trying to say?

got exhaust mani, cat, and cat back...then ahh jesus never mind i can't explin it.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Revs do drop faster with a light weight Aluminum Flywheel. The key to getting the most out of a LWAF would be having enough torque to utilize its function. How much torque do you have? Also, how often have you run your NOS setup? Just curious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why are you talkin so much shit focaltech? i am just trying to figure out what is wrong wit my car. thought you people could help but i was wrong. so **** you.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
What you consider talking shit is me spouting off about things I know.

Some of your mods make no sense.

Good day sir with your 9 posts!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok. then what is your problem with my exhaust? i have the focus central 4-2-1 race header with fc race flexpipe. going into a hi-flo cat so it will pass smog. stock cat removed. what is wrong with that?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
because essentially you need enough toruque to keep it form hanging revs, or so ive been told, and yes it will raddle like a behotch

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Don't bother Focaltech he probably drives a Vtec and has the attitude of a person with a Vtec.....................

Don't be mad vteclr 'cause your pushing a 1.6 L Civic.....................

Peace......

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
mofocus said:
because essentially you need enough toruque to keep it form hanging revs, or so ive been told, and yes it will raddle like a behotch
Downfall of having a LWAF, the noise, lots of noise. Sounds like you got little rocks rolling around in your bellhousing. Loud and annoying, thank goodness for Borla. [:D]

Rise, Fall of revs quicker is true, and the LWAF is very light compared to the heavy dual mass flywheel of the SVTF. I dont know how heavy the flywheel is on a Zetec Focus. [:)]

vtecklr, what is your deal? I think you got answers, Focal just pointed out some things that did not make any sense. Dont be so senisitive and chill, telling us to **** off is not a answer! Sheeeeesh [rolleyes]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts