Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I'm not sure how wide they are. The 14s are the stock steel wheels & the 15s are the stock 5 spoke focus wheels
14s:14x5.5; Bolt Pattern Dia: 4.25; 4 Lugs 47mm Offset
15s:15x6; Bolt Pattern Dia: 4.25; 4 Lugs 52.5mm Offset

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
The width difference isn't large, though 6" is better - I'd base it on the gearing as mentioned & maybe check on price/availability of decent tires in each size.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you. As for tires, the Falken ZE912 that I mentioned seem to be the best for what our rules allow as that is wjat pretty much everyone is using

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, there has been a change this year. We will be running on an American Racer, race tire now. This will change alot for our car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SVT springs/shocks are a bit lower & stiffer, and they're "stock" & will bolt in to your car. The brakes are larger as well, including discs at the rear if you can find them. Couldn't use the brakes within your rules I don't think, as they need larger rims for clearance (stock 15" alloys won't fit over them).

Stiffening up the rear will keep the nose flatter and let the rear slide more to equalize cornering (more balanced with less understeer).
Actually the SVT Brakes do fit size 15" wheels. The SVT front Brakes are the same design as the 2005 model focus which ran 15" wheels stock. I run 15 by 7s and I have the hubs for both the svt and 05 focus and they are the same casting just 2 different factory's. The calipers are the same as well.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts