Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 ZX3. I was just curious how long your first set of front pads lasted for most of you. I have just under 60k, and there's still plenty of meat on the pads, and the rotors looks good, but I figured I should just change them for the hell of it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
there's still plenty of meat on the pads, and the rotors looks good, but I figured I should just change them for the hell of it.
Do they still stop the car well?
Do they grind?
Squeal?
Pulse when you push on the pedal?

If no, then I'd say the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies.

To answer your original question, my front pads on my '02 lasted until 45K (the second set until 90K), but it depends on the materials in the pads and rotors. Maybe they are using different pads and rotors on the '05+. On my wife's Escape, the original front pads are still going strong at 65K.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My ZX3 also has about 60k on the original brakes and they are just now starting to pulse a bit when I brake after exiting the highway. I agree with Michael. If you do not have a problem with braking, just watch your pad thickness and the rotors. But it never hurts if you want to upgrade your brakes and rotors. I am fixin to install Centric rotors and Hawk hps pads when my income tax comes in.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
i think mine went about 132k

my dad is over 100k on his with less highway driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts