Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do some work on my 2005 zx3. I really wanna install an exhaust, but I'm not looking for anything to add a ton of power, just something to make it sound cooler/deeper. I wanna stay less than 100$ in total for the mod.
I know its not much, but I wanna start small so any input would be great!

·
Registered
130 Posts
$100 won't get you much... and won't get you an exhaust that's worth a damn. You can look into what is referred to as a "lunchbox" delete. If its a manual, I suggest a short throw shifter. If its an auto, I suggest making sure everything is functioning properly and is up to date on maintenance and fluid schedules. Save for an SCT X4 tuner which will benefit the engine and transmission... and its about as simple as it gets to install.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
muffler wouldn't be worth it IMO. Do you mean a cold air intake? You wouldn't be able to get one for under a hundred bucks.

Honestly, I would use the money towards giving the car a good tune up.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
muffler wouldn't be worth it IMO. Do you mean a cold air intake? You wouldn't be able to get one for under a hundred bucks.

Honestly, I would use the money towards giving the car a good tune up.
I agree, a muffler will just change the sound of the exhaust and nothing else. Not a good use of money unless your current muffler has holes in it and sounds like a moped. $100 would be better spent maintaining the car. A new fuel filter, fresh spark plugs and new fluids would be better money spent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts