Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I installed the AEM intake I noticed how tiny the TB seemed. I used to have a ZX2 and it seemed a little larger. I might be mistaking I can take a look because my friend has an extra 98 zx2 TB, which can be slightly ported. Has anyone try to run the Zx2 TB on their Focus? Or can anyone think of any issues I might come accross trying to use it? I don't have it in front of me right now, just stuck at work with this idea in my head. Been Pondering it since my buddy asked me if I wanted his TB.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Everything is the same except the lip. Its larger on the Focus so your intake tube won't fit on the ZX2 TB. Now the ZX2 one doesn't have the curves and edges like the Focus one so If you want to mod your tube, you might get better flow, but I a little porting on your stocker will be all you need.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FF Affiliate
31,165 Posts
I dont think the zx2 will bolt to the zx3 intake and I know th linkage hook up is diff

Why not just get a larger aftermarket zx3 TB

Tom

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm pretty sure some zx2 folks were using the 65mm Focus TB on the ZX2's. I probably will get an aftermarket one, but I have this extra part now, so I'd figured I'd try it out. It might have to be a project for the next time I have a couple days off in a row...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts