Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering...
i saw on edmunds.com that my 00 zts was .5 sec faster in the 0-60 than my 01 zx3. they have the same engine and all so i was wondering what the difference is. they have the same weight too, but the zx3 is 7 inches shorter but other than that almost every dimensions are the same. any explanations? thanks.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
ive got a zx3 and i beat the crap out of stock sedans etc. zetec engine and all. i think at least one of them was manual. i think if both cars running are manual they will be close. btw the hatch weighs a little less

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I thought that the Zx3 weighted about 2600(+/- 100) and the Sedan weighted about 2700(+/- 100).
But according to edmunds, the Zx3 weights 5 pounds more than the Sedan..]confused.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I'm thinking edmunds screwed up on that one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I guess its all in who is driving. If you have a kid who isn't that good with the gears it would make a difference. I have a Zetec Sedan (auto) and I have had my share of wins and losses, both against manual, and automatics. If the driver knows what he is doing the one who drives a 5 speed should take the win hands down.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Myself I don't like hatchbacks, I like sedans but hey they are both foci I don't care. If it has a Zetec or Pzev I will drive it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I read some were that the hatch weighted 2,400-2,500. Because the are a little heaver than a 92-95 civic hatch, and it weighs 2,300.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
zx3 should always beat the zts...

Why??????

my centenial edition (ZTS) with all the options, weighs 2600 odd pounds. That is the shipping weight that ford gave. They are all the same quickness and speed if they are the same year and engine/tranny combo. the difference is the drivers, and manufacturing tolerances. there is at most 200 lbs difference in weight between any combo you can think of as far as the checking I have done. That by it self in IDENTICAL cars may make a VERY small difference in quickness. but the average you and i will never notice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts