Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to add a bit more cornering ability to my little ZTS. i was looking at getting the SVT kit.

i have read in another thread here that even though it says its for the ZX3 and ZX5 it will fit my ZTS sedan, this is correct right?

also, is there anyone with this kit that could tell me how much it really did improve the handling? it says it lowers the car 1/2 inch, that would be pretty nice as well.

also, if anyone does have this kit, how easy is it to install?

thanks for any info!

·
Registered
197 Posts
It will definitly fit on a sedan as I have had it installed for about a month.

It's hard for me to make a direct comparison since I had over 100K miles before I upgraded. In my inexperienced opinion, it rides great. I actually wouldn't want anything stiffer on these crap indiana roads.

It seems like it would be easy to install, if any of the bolts would have come out. The other problem I ran into was the autozone spring compressor was too big to grab the springs in the rear. I ended up paying $300 for installation and parts at a local shop. They had to keep it overnight since they couldn't get the bolts off either without leaving it overnight soaked in penetrating oil.

Like I said mine is a 2000 with 103K miles on it with lots of winter driving so the entire bottom is covered in rust. I'm waiting every day for my exhaust to fall off.

Back to the topic. This suspension is great.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Shouldn't have problems with swapping the suspension if your car is newer.
It's the older cars (rusted parts) that it is harder to do it on

SVT suspension makes the car handle A LOT better. You'll definitely notice an improvement

If you're looking to buy the SVT suspension kit...
Tousley Ford has it for $215.50 + shipping

that's the lowest price I've ever seen for it

Here's some install instructions with pics (pretty simple):
front:
http://www.steeda.com/SpringInstalFocusFront.htm

rear:
http://www.steeda.com/SpringInstalFocus.htm

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i think you guys have convinced me to get it, im going to order it right now, thanks for the great info! now i just need some bigger wheels and tires, over these little 15's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts