Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at ebay. A lot of these cold air intakes sold with decent reviews. Does anyone have one and if so how does the maf sensor hook up? Is the maf tube reused or does it have a port cut out? Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
How about a link to the ones you're looking at?

·
Registered
753 Posts
From their website:Stock (OEM) intake parts are required for installation (MAF tubing and bracket)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Going by your description (I'm at work and can't see eBay) it seems like a knock-off of the Marcy Motorsports and early FocusSport pieces. Fitment and materials are an obvious concern, I'd just say save up and buy a more contemporary design. I've got a Marcy on my car currently and am not impressed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marcy was the steel one that would rust on the inside b/ c made of steel. Had one it worked...ok. Might do some metal work and do a short ram. With a nice sheild, spending too much already. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Marcy was the steel one that would rust on the inside b/ c made of steel. Had one it worked...ok.
Bingo. If you're into waiting and custom tuning, I'll be making a 3.5" 6061-T6 "long-tube" intake with a splash shield over the winter. If properly persuaded, I may make a small run of them.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
That ebay one is utter dogshit. My buddy bought one and it fit terribly. Not even "close enough so lets make it work" but so bad that I wouldnt let him run it. The two tabs that secure the MAF tube to the upper pipe were way too high up, stock bolts couldnt be used. Even then they bent super easy and werent aligned right. Bottom tube was nowhere close to attaching to the frame rail. Filter was basically a screen door mesh design.

I liked my Marcy a lot. Didnt get rusty but wish he had used alum for weight savings. Would buy another or go the custom route. That 3.5" one sounds sweet

·
Registered
240 Posts
To the OP, I would avoid almost all things ebay. The cost savings are tempting but take it from everyone here that its just better to save a little longer and get a nice CAI from fswerks, cfm, etc.

I had the steeda SRI for about a year before my turbo build and loved it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
To the OP, I would avoid almost all things ebay. The cost savings are tempting but take it from everyone here that its just better to save a little longer and get a nice CAI from fswerks, cfm, etc.

I had the steeda SRI for about a year before my turbo build and loved it.
This^^^^^^^^^^ To the OP, checkout what most ppl are running & its not that. Dealing w/ rain go for a Steeda sri or not go for the Fwerks cai. Theres a reason why these are popular= they work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gonna side with everyone else here. After running an Ebay intake that uses the stock MAF, it has done nothing but bad things. It leaks, dragging crap into the intake. It's so bent it doesn't fit right at all. Ive got a nasty amount of dust I need to clean from my intake manifold because of it and I've seen my MPG steadily drop slowly since I installed it.

I finally broke down and bought the FSWERKS CAI. $200 I should have spent in the beginning. Either get the Steeda ram, or the FSWERKS CAI. Spend the money and get a quality product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts