Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jus bought a zex kit and it says if i run a 65 or 75 shot i have to retard the timing? is this true? and how do i if i have the stock cam gears...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Don't know how but the reason why is because you will get detonation when you squirt. All cars require retard timing when you go FI or Nitro. I wouldn't do a 75 or 65 shot, it's kind of flirting with death, a 50 would be alot safer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
(speaking as the person who sold you the kit[;)] )

first, the computer set the timing of the car so in order to retard the timing you need a RDS module ( think that is what it is called)

second, if you do retard the timing the vehicle will not run correct except when you are using the nitrous

you should be ok using the 55 and 65 shot on a daily basis but i would use the 75 rarely (with extreme caution)

i started off with a dry kit in one of my civics at a 55 shot. in my focus i used the 55 to start but was happier with the 65 but of the two kits the wet kit is better[thumb]

DO NOT USE A CHIP WHEN USING THE ZEX KIT
a chip advances the timing and will blow the motor[ohcrap]

finally, good luck [thumb]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sancletayley said:
(speaking as the person who sold you the kit[;)] )

first, the computer set the timing of the car so in order to retard the timing you need a RDS module ( think that is what it is called)

second, if you do retard the timing the vehicle will not run correct except when you are using the nitrous

you should be ok using the 55 and 65 shot on a daily basis but i would use the 75 rarely (with extreme caution)

i started off with a dry kit in one of my civics at a 55 shot. in my focus i used the 55 to start but was happier with the 65 but of the two kits the wet kit is better[thumb]

DO NOT USE A CHIP WHEN USING THE ZEX KIT
a chip advances the timing and will blow the motor[ohcrap]

finally, good luck [thumb]
Did you retard the timing with the 65 shot?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts