Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any one has tried to run 75 shot of zex (i currently run 50) in stock motor wit no upgrades well except the lil ones such as intake header exhaust plug wires etc
it shuldnt hurt it rite? ill also post pics as soon as i can i purge through my antenna hole in a V shape it looks nice driving

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
from what i hear a stock zetec block can hold a 50 shoot of NAWWWWZZZZZZZZ! god that werd is annoying i hate when people say it. a 75 shot i think may be pushing it????

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive did alot of nitrous test wit v-8 ,but i no it hurts a lil but dry is easier on it then wet,i have darton sleeves so i think itll be alrite

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I think a wet kit is safer IMO, but the stock fuel pump cannot handle 75 for more than quick bursts, so a feul rail and a pump would be in order! Also, do you have forged pistons in there and what fuel are you running, colder plugs are a good idea with a 75 shot, It will take a 100 shot, but the stock pistons do not hold it for long, due to lack of fuel...again I always spray WET.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
im not a moderator or anyting but you know dis should prolly go to f.i threads???
maybe you will get more help over thurr??? just a thought.....

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Gettin' there, it takes a minute to push the right buttons, but you are right...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK you all have convinced me to run 150 shot ! Hell NO i aint i will wait til fuel upgrades to run my 75 and build my motor more b4 i spray it sounds like thats the safest but thanks

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
hahaha im on my way to be a moderator all. lmfao when im a moderator this who site is going DOWN lol. ahhh good job viney thats why you are da man : )

·
Registered
697 Posts
zex has put out a wetshot. for the focus

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You guys sure? I mean there are SPI's all over running 75 shots all day long with no problems. More than that IS a problem though. It may be that we have a variable output fuel pump, too. I dunno, I just know for a fact that there are 75 shot SPI's all over.

·
Registered
13 Posts
id do the 75 shot, who cares if it hurts, our motors are cheap. ill be running a 35 shot on top of my supercharger very soon. you'll want a chip that pulls a little timing, and id use a wet kit. go for it!

Jon

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
what jonszx3 says is kinda risky, BUT one thing i do love about the focus is you can find one of our engines with like a thousand miles on it for like 900 bucks. so if i ever have a repair that they say is going to be like 1500 im buying myself a new engine. check it on ebay they are there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
for some reason i seem to recal people running 75 shot on their stock focus and not having a problem, thats why I say go for it.

Jon

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have done it i spryed 75 shot thru my stock block with darton sleeves it held up nicely as i hit 135mph (i knew that chip was good for sumthin)it was instant power u guys shuld try it the feelin was great

1 - 17 of 17 Posts