Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is every one's like that? I have a weird vibration throughout the RPM range. Almost sounds like the car has an aftermarket exhaust, but only on the inside.

Today I was looking for a vacuum leak after changing my pcv hose. Decided to pull the intake off and the car died.

I could swear I've had it running before with the intake off. Could this be a sign of anything else?

·
need new focus?!
1,675 Posts
the car has to have the air going into the engine pass through the MAS (mass airflow sensor) in order to run correctly without the intake on like he said the car wont run and stall, also if the car is running ruff chances are its not your intake...so if the check engine light is on get it read and fix it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No CEL. It's not running rough as much as just not right. It vibrates at idle and has a vibration through the full rpm band.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had EXACTLY this issue when I bought my new to me 01 ZX3. The car vibrated a lot and was loud inside but not out, sounded like an aftermarket exhaust. I replaced the passenger side hydraulic motor mount and all is good!! It was $53 at the local auto parts store and took me about 30 minutes to replace it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had EXACTLY this issue when I bought my new to me 01 ZX3. The car vibrated a lot and was loud inside but not out, sounded like an aftermarket exhaust. I replaced the passenger side hydraulic motor mount and all is good!! It was $53 at the local auto parts store and took me about 30 minutes to replace it.

Same with my car. took forever to find it till my dad leaned on top of the motor while it was running and vibration changed. we had checked all mount bolts but never realized it was oil filled an that it rotted an leaked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts