Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i know zetec is like fords version of vtech to a extent but i have seen some others peoples engines and there is a sensor near the sparkplugs to engage the vvt but my zetec doesnt have that sensor so does it have vvt or is it controlled by oil pres and if so how does that process work im just wondering

if you have any info please let me know thanks

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
the zetec is completely different than the vteck! or whatever the hell it is called. Completley different in every way. The SVT version of the zetec motor has variable cam timing, but not the variable valve lift. That is where teh similarities end.

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
Just cuz the name sounds similar doesn't mean anything. The zetec engine has no vct nor is there any sensor for any such action. There is nothing variable for the zetec. like Captain said, the SVT has vct on the intake, which is totally different from a honda v-tec engine.

What process do you want to know more about? The SVT vct? If so, on the SVT, the intake is dual-stage, meaning is can change runner length, utilizing short runners for low rpms for torque, and at higher rpms the runners plates or whatever open to become long runners, yielding a very good high rpm power band.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts