Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first id like to thank everyone whos helped me on my last threads, i know im kinda all over the place with what i want to do to my car but i think i may have found a final solution!

ok, welll.... i just broke 250k on my svt and im starting to notice some power loss, so im thinking i take it easy on her now, until the spring, but over winter, IF i were to build just a regular zetec on boost (cuz i can get a running motor really cheap)... could i swap it out after the build, and use the 6 speed tranny still.... ?

what mods would i need to make?

thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
i do not beleve the 6 speed will bolt to a NONSVT Zetec. nonSVT Zetecs had MTX75 transmissions. becuase id have your transmission in mine if they can.

try to find a SVT engine, or a Duratec!(even thou the duratec uses MTX75 also. im just saying that because i have it) :p

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
actually there have been people using getrags with the zetecs and people who have swapped the getrag for an mtx 75

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
As far as I know the Getrag is swappable onto a regular Zetec.

If you do the swap let me know, I'd be interested in the SVT block.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I beleive the blocks are the same bell house pattern. The only difference I know from a SVT to a Ztec are finternals and head up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts