Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 162 Posts

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Nothing wrong with bringing it up that's what its here for.

You should be able to just use a 00 harness. I would keep the newer harness as well just in case you be to splice something in. Another thing with the '02.5 engine is the throttle body is different. But as along ad you have a '02.5 throttle cable it will work.

You can't mix a pre 02.5 throttle cable with a 02.5 throttle body or vis versa.

·
Registered
24 Posts
so my focus starts up but the idle stays super high doesnt drop and got the code 1506. I have been reading up the TPS is different from manual to automatic? the motor came from a manual, and my focus is an automatic would this affect it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the swap with a AUtomatic 2.0 ztec engine, i want to keep it MT transmicion, so i keep the MT from the sohc engine, i change the engine harnes from auto to manual but i keep the ecu from the auto engine, 2.0 zetec, mi car dont start do i need the MT ecu? Please help

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Ok a couple things, you put the sohc mt on the dohc engine? I didn't think that was possible.

Second you need the ecu for the zetec engine but if you keep it manual you will need manual zetec ecu.

Third, once you get a the correct ecu, it will need to be towed to a ford dealer and has to have the spi pats system reflashed to match the zetec ecu. Other wise it will never start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! I will look for a a MT zetec ecu, an yes i put the sohc trans on the dohc, the bolts of the flywheel are different, i drill the fly wheel and everything match, dou you think if i put the AT back, with the all the originals i can get the car to start?, thanks a lot here were i live people dont know how to deal with this car i love my focus i dont want to loose it thanks

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
No, the zetec ecu won't match the spi pats system either way. I have heard from someone else that if you take the key, and lock cylinder from the car you get the ecu from it will start. But I can't promise that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard the same thing from a friend of mine with the same problem , he live in phil, he told me to get the key , cilinder and ecu, but here i dont have those options, i live in Puerto Rico we dont have focus in the junkyard if i find one they dont have the keys ,
What options do i have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spi to zetec swap

So I jus finished a s.p.i to zetec swap, cars were same years, except the zetec donor had all electronic and the lx didn't,, anywho I took the tranny and motors outa both due to them being the same, and I have everything hooked up that I needed for the swap.. Turned key today and NO POwER!! Power to the fuse box and nowhere else?????? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I previously got a list of all parts needed from the donor car, installed everything n no dice,, I'm no amateur to v8 motor swaps,, but this is a whole diff ball game

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
If your doing the same model year, you won't need to mess with the dash harness.

The main engine harness comes off the firewall, runs into the passenger side wheel well, then into the car just behind the glove compartment.

Which where it meets up with the ecu. It then goes down to floor and runs along the inside kick panell all the way back under the rear seat, then down to the fuel pump. It only forks off just under the passenger seat to go over to the center console.

I didn't need to mess with the dash harness at all. Both the zetec harness and spi harness are exactly the same after the fork off to the console.

So if you are good at wiring and soldiering you can splice the harnesses together just pass the passenger seat so you don't need to drop the fuel tank.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So how does the harness split off to the dash? A connector or just the wires? And to clarify you said if your good at splicing you don't have to run the new harness all the way to the tank?

Thanks a bunch.

81 - 100 of 162 Posts