Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I have fitted 18” rims to my 2012 focus and the amount of arch gap still grinds on me anybody got any suggestions for getting rid of it?

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
1,101 Posts
Sure, with lowering springs.
It looks real good though btw. The wheels look great imo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, with lowering springs.
It looks real good though btw. The wheels look great imo.
Thank you getting the roof wrapped next week and bonnet vents week after! With lowering it what do you recommend? How much I don’t want it to be a rough hard ride

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I would only go about 1" to 1-1/4" then. The more extreme lowering springs will be a VERY rough ride and make you bottom out all over the place. There a few brands that make springs for your car. I would get a set that have a stock like ride rather than a performance handling set if you want it to ride nice but either way it'll still handle better than stock springs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would only go about 1" to 1-1/4" then. The more extreme lowering springs will be a VERY rough ride and make you bottom out all over the place. There a few brands that make springs for your car. I would get a set that have a stock like ride rather than a performance handling set if you want it to ride nice but either way it'll still handle better than stock springs.
Any brand you would recommend? These last few jobs wanna get right then I can sell it

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Those particular springs are a nice conservative 1" so bottoming out shouldn't be much of a concern. They have really good reviews too. You might need camber plates. Idk since it's only 1" you may not though.

·
Registered
2004 Ford Focus LX 2.0 SPI automatic; 2012 Ford Focus SEL DPS6
51 Posts
Any brand you would recommend? These last few jobs wanna get right then I can sell it
Why all the extra stuff before selling it? Those things shouldn’t add value or extra money. Might very well limit your marketability? Just curious. Putting lipstick on the car is one thing that helps bring looks and potential buyers. Suspensions changes like that might decrease the shoppers market.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because I’ve always wanted to modify a car since I was a kid and never ever got round to doing it so the last few jobs will finish it and tick that box for me then I can get a grown up car or something more suited to my age lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Because I’ve always wanted to modify a car since I was a kid and never ever got round to doing it so the last few jobs will finish it and tick that box for me then I can get a grown up car or something more suited to my age lol
No judgement here. However, being a grown up means I get to play with grown up toys. And cars are one of those things in my opinion. I have a big family, so I just have to budget really well. I enjoy buying these $500 cars and getting them up and running for the children. I hope you get nice car when you are done. They are getting harder and harder to come by these last few years. Plus the prices of these cars are crazy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not when the grown up car is an Audi s3 or golf r 7.5
I am a big fan of the Audi/VW market. My first car was a 1981 Jetta. I really miss that car. I would really enjoy finding a VW Caddy or Scirocco that I could fix up.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Not when the grown up car is an Audi s3 or golf r 7.5
Those cars are in the same category: compact hatchbacks. The glaring difference is price as those are high end versions but a Focus ST or RS would be more equal to them in performance and $.
I was looking into an Audi A3 before I bought my Focus but the Golf was a little too small. I wasn't going to shell out the $ for an S series or a special edition GTI for a commuter but if you have the means then I don't see why not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those cars are in the same category: compact hatchbacks. The glaring difference is price as those are high end versions but a Focus ST or RS would be more equal to them in performance and $.
I was looking into an Audi A3 before I bought my Focus but the Golf was a little too small. I wasn't going to shell out the $ for an S series or a special edition GTI for a commuter but if you have the means then I don't see why not.
I have owned several fords down the years had a mk 2 st which I loved and I just feel like this is me done now I want something abit more special the golf r is amazing with its virtual cockpit and honestly that’s the way I’m heading as never really owned a VW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts