Focus Fanatics Forum banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's what happens when the car owner decides to jump a curb at 30mph.
Ahhh.....Dukes of Hazzard fans! [hihi] That must have made a heck of a noise!

This header should look great on this car. It's going to clean up nicely. Brian has already started cutting and cleaning.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
I think I could see a hint of jealousy in his eyes. It's too hard to tell. I drove past him too quickly. [rofl]
LOL!!!

Kidz!! Oh wait your the uhhhh cough cough! Kid!! Cough Cough!! [ohcrap]

I think that would be bad ass to make that SVT header work. Couldn't hurt your bottom or top end, can only help, at least I would think.

Dads right a lil snip here and a tuck there and a few beads and shes a spankin new h00ker, err header!! [grinking]

It's funny but you can't even tell it was stainless!! Heat is our enemy! [gunfire]

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Hot pipes right where all the water/crud comes through the grille doesn't help the appearance. Beating it on the curb didn't either.

4-2-1 is a nice header for spreading the power band, helps at both ends.

Just run a straight pipe out from behind the front wheel & a cutout to run to the back through a muffler for stealth mode. don't need to turn it 90% that way....

grin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am awesome build, congratulations.

My brother has a couple of ZX2's, 1 was given to him. I'm looking at putting the engine into my 1972 Pinto Squire that i race in 24 hours of lemons. I've got a bunch of 2.3 T5's and 2 Pinto 2.0 4 speed transmissions.

Alot of great info here. Thank you for documenting this so thoroughly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your car looks realy good with these rims! Looks similar to TR6 but with less offset and different centers. Would you mind leting me know what they are?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!

Your car looks realy good with these rims! Looks similar to TR6 but with less offset and different centers. Would you mind leting me know what they are?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your reply!
I found your thread as I was looking for information about puting a Zetec in the MGB.
I am considering doing that in my GT. Very impressed by the standards your work, and thank you for sharing lots of usefull information!

Lars

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Once he TOTALLY rebuilt them...

Offset was changed on those Paul.

Impressive work.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
And his pr0file pic l00x bitchin with that big azzed breather and those individual intakes for each cylinder!! [:D] [twothumbs] [pray]

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's been a long, long time since the last update but we are still tinkering on the car and it is still running great. I love the jaw-dropping when we open the bonnet at car shows!

Since the engine swap was finished we had been driving the car with a pretty ratty interior. We finally sold enough excess stuff to pay for a complete upgrade.

First, we really like the older seats that came in the early MGB's. We cleaned up the frames and installed new foams and covers in a vintage black with white piping.

Then we moved on to sound deadener, insulation, and carpet. We'll finish up door panels and a new top this weekend, hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Brian picked up some kind of really good sound mat and closed cell neoprene. We put that down under the carpet.

We have a new console, boot, and door panels, too. Hopefully, all that and the new top will be finished this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Looking great!

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Not surprised at the Jaw Drops - you two are doing a great "resto-mod" on that MGB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fantastic job!
Well done and great thread.
I am currently doing the bodywork on a 69 b gt and will drop a 2 l zetec crate engine in with twin webbers and 5 speed box (why stay with the old tech od??)
Some of your images seem to have gone awol and was wondering if you used. Original engine mounting points or fabricated and relocated? Any advice gratefully received

Many thanks

Sebastian

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure what happened to all the photos. [:(!] Damn hosting services.....

Anyway, what I did was to cut the old mounts from the chassis and bend up some new ones. I cut a plate to fit the engine in each side, bolted the original rubber biscuits into place, then cut some angled tube to fit between the plate bolted to the mount and the engine.

You'll notice on this shot that my mounts are not directly across from each other. It might be possible to re-utilize the originals, but in our case that didn't work out because we had set the engine back several inches.

Also, take a look at this link. Amazing work on this Zetec MGB. He takes a differnt approach to the motor mounts that is very clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome project! I have a 302 in my '74 TR6 and a 215 in my '60 MGA. I am thinking about replacing the 215 with a Zetec or Duratec so your sharing of information is quite inspiring. A couple of questions I am struggling with, does the BW-T5 transmission mate directly to the Zetec or did you need an adapter plate? Will any T5 work as I am hoping to use the one I currently have? Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
aruntr6, nobody is answering your post because all your questions are answered in the thread. Take the time to read everything and follow the links provided.

Now a real question, since much time has passed, have you noticed any new vibrations or witnessed any excessive wear on the transmission pilot bearing or related hardware? Now that you've probably had hundreds of people sharpshooter your transmission install, are there any things that you would change or new advice that has not already been covered already?
Respectfully,
Cris

301 - 320 of 320 Posts