Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy in the next town is selling his sons' FocusSport strut tower brace ($25)and a Borla s/s catback exhaust($100),they came off a 2000 sedan w/ a Zetec. I have a 04 with a 2.3 Duratec ZTS sedan. Will any of these parts fit? The prices are too good to pass up. I checked them out, the Borla uses an oval muffler. I know there are gas tank clearence issues.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it worth me buying the exhaust for the s/s tubing and try to get a smaller diameter muffler welded to it? or am I getting into the price of a new MBRP system by the time I done messing with the Borla?

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
its a great deal but not worth your time, just for the ss tubing when your going to have to part it all together is a pita and it wouldnt flow as good as one that is setup for your car. check out mbrp. get price , sound and its ss.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the exhaust should fit with minor wiggling... srut brace wont though.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
x2, the exhaust will fit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 for, 2 against, 50% chance it will fit? warneej, you think it will fit with the duratec's larger fuel tank?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i have an oval on mine just cocked a little...

you may just have to wiggle it a little but its basically the same system.

and is the fuel tank really larger? i've always noticed that it was the same size just made out of metal instead of plastic for the 04 PZEV

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
cut and re-weld...might cost you $20 or less at a small muffler shop

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I did a search before my post, some members said that a system with an oval muffler would'nt fit because the duratec has a larger gas tank. I dont know if it does or not, and I could'nt get a possitive answer from my search.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
thank you for searching!

as for the gas tank i'm almost positive capacity hasn't changed but perhaps it is slightly shifted or has a thicker wall making it take up more room...

honestly for $100 you can't go wrong, even if you have to fudge with it a little.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I think the Zetect tank was 13 gal, the Duratec is a different material (as mentioned) and 14.1 gallons

You could ask a local welder/muffler shop how much it would be to cut and rotate the oval a little bit, see if it's worth it? I love my Borla, I got it on group-buy for a deal, but still $100 is hard to beat.

Forget the brace, unless you want to resell it here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I' m going to buy it tonite, it sounds like he's throwing in the brace for free, (dont tell the zetec guys). Thanks for everybodys help.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
send it to me, i want one for the SVT lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.