Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Tom, I’ve come to the crossroads with my Zetec as far as whether to continue putting money into it or move to a Duratec & would very much appreciate your opinion. I’m not looking for huge hp & tq numbers... being that this is an ATX daily driver, around 200hp is fine. Also this is a California car, so I’m trying to maintain CARB legality, so a turbo is out & IMO a PowerWorks even at its discounted price is too much hardware & cost for 190hp, taking it beyond that will require transmission work. I’m considering a 50-75 shot Nitrous system because of initial cost, it’s not a constant ON system & can be transferred to another platform. With the nitrous system, I would set the window switch to shut off the spray at around 500 rpm before the shift points to lighten the power load at shift in order to save the ATX. And the other option is to purchase a used Duratec & add a Nitrous sys. to it, I don’t know enough about Duratecs & already have a lot of bolt-on mods in place in the Zetec.

Borla 2.5 cat back, JBA shorty with 2.5 flex pipe, Iceman cai, 2000 ported intake manifold, & FC 65mm tb. Just purchased a new FR head with Crower springs & retainers, Crower Stage 2 cams, & FC cam gears. The new head has not been intalled yet.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
For what i heard, the gains from a 2.3Dur. are not that much different from a normal little 2.0 zetec. What i heard right, just that.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
stock duratec kills stock zetec

*edit lol sorry i didnt mean to bring this topic up from 2 years i was looking in the search

1 - 4 of 4 Posts