Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again everyone! thinking about hooking up nitrous to the red zx3 and i'm curious about how much this little 2.0 can take. does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing that can send me some feedback. also, what kind of 1/4 mile times am i looking at with just CAI, long tube header, and borla exhaust. also what would i be looking at w/a 50-75 shot of NOS. and as usual. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
789 Posts
with those mods at sea level i would say 15.9-16.1 if you know how to drive. the zetec engine can take a 75 shot but it will do some slight damage. you can run a 50 shot as much as you want and it won't harm anything. this choice depends on how drivable you want it to be a year from now and do you want to have to replace any of your internals down the road.

·
Registered
381 Posts
a 50 shot is probably what most people on this forum run with their zetec's it would probably put you in the high 14's. stock with CAI and exhaust high 15's...thats just what im thinking

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Nothing is ever guaranteed, but a 50 is safe with some safety measures taken. I would take a read at the top of the forced induction section where I am moving this.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd say your current mods will put you at around 16 flat. On a 50 shot, approx 15.3 if you can launch well. A 75 would dip you into the 14's.

I'm not being down on you with my estimates, but I've seen several other zx3's running mid to low 16's with your mods or more, so I'm using those as my comparison.

·
Registered
789 Posts
desponge said:
focusfreak03 said:
with those mods at sea level i would say 15.9-16.1

im running that with a just a magnaflow catback..
depends on where out west you are. elevation has lots to do with times because of the oxygen concentration difference at different altitudes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts