Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was having an issue with my zetec motor starting.... When I start up the engine it turns over and starts up but I have to push the pedal to the floor or the motor will die as soon as I let off. Even when driving down the street.

I also get a check engine light.. Any ideas on what this might be??? Was thinking it's the IAC but I was hoping it be something minor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
check the MAF Sensor. Mine was left unplugged after a throttle body swapp and caused a similar issue

·
Registered
774 Posts
If it was me I'd start with the easiest, cheapest simple stuff and work my way up. Get the check engine code read and go from there, things that come to mind for me would be...spark plugs, vaccuum hoses, something disconnected, the O2 sensor(s), cat, fuel regulator, fuel pump, it could be a fuel problem but don't jump to conclusions without doing the little checks that cost you nothing or very little, thats the way I'd go about it. Have you been working on cars for a living or are you new to the automotive world?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am fairly new got the problem fixed it was the MAF Sensor . . maybe if I had checked back on this site and stayed active I would have seen the reply and not spent nearly as much money trying to fix this problem. Thank for your help guys. Greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
go to autozone... get that code number

1 - 7 of 7 Posts