Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace the motor mounts in my car. I've of course looked around the forums for recommendations and I see that amidst the politics, the general consensus is to buy OEM motor mounts. However, I'm having trouble finding OEM mounts that aren't $100-$150 nowadays and the links in the old forum posts are, well, now old. Can someone point me in the right direction for OEM mounts? Or if some aftermarket manufacturers have upped their game, can someone give me some good recommendations?

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,422 Posts
You get what you pay for. There are 3 mounts. Passenger side...must be oem. See pic below. Drivers side. Trans mount. Aftermarket can work here. Anti roll mount under drivers feet. OEM works best here. Tasca parts usually has the best prices but delivery is slow on the mounts from any OEM supplier. The aftermarket parts store mounts have a lifetime warranty but typically fail immediately or several weeks later. This mount on my SVT failed in less than 100 miles. The warranty replacement failed as soon as I removed the jack from underneath the engine.
Auto part Vehicle Engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You get what you pay for. There are 3 mounts. Passenger side...must be oem. See pic below. Drivers side. Trans mount. Aftermarket can work here. Anti roll mount under drivers feet. OEM works best here. Tasca parts usually has the best prices but delivery is slow on the mounts from any OEM supplier. The aftermarket parts store mounts have a lifetime warranty but typically fail immediately or several weeks later. This mount on my SVT failed in less than 100 miles. The warranty replacement failed as soon as I removed the jack from underneath the engine. View attachment 307850
Thanks for all the info pbfoot! Even from Tasca, the passenger side mount is about $150 plus shipping. But if the alternative is that much of a hassle, I suppose it's probably worth it. For anyone referencing this later, the part number for the OEM passenger side mount is YS4Z-6038-BA.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Thanks for all the info pbfoot! Even from Tasca, the passenger side mount is about $150 plus shipping. But if the alternative is that much of a hassle, I suppose it's probably worth it. For anyone referencing this later, the part number for the OEM passenger side mount is YS4Z-6038-BA.
18 months ago I bought that mount for my 2002 wagon and it was $100 from Tasca. Discontinued from Ford - price will go up as suppy dwindles.

Paul

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dang. If I planned to keep one of these older Focus' for years, I'd probably buy an OEM PSM now and put it on a shelf. If you never use it, you can easily get your money back on ebay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
OEM is the only way to go. I messed around with aftermarket and was pretty appalled to find immediate failure. of course I was stupidly throwing parts to diagnose the bad vibration. When the aftermarket passenger mount replacement did not fix it I went on to replace the others. Still no fix, double checked everything, then had to install a oem passenger motor mount and problem solved. Moving forward less then a year I think the other mounts are an issue, or its the notorious lower dog bone mount being filled with debris. Anyway do the job once, pay the outrageous oem price from a ford dealer and move on. When I shopped around I searched for the exact FoMoCo part# and ultimately dug into dealers websites to get the best deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think I got the passenger side one on ebay for around $100 a couple years ago. And the dealership I bought it from accidentally sent two so I resold one for even cheaper. Check Ebay. I think I got mine from Sunshine Ford in CA. But yes, get OEM on that one for sure. I've heard the aftermarket ones fail pretty quick.

·
Registered
49 Posts
With the mileage on your vehicle under 100k - OEM, over 150k - Non OEM;

1] if you drive on well maintained roads, your mounts can be Non OEM an save the money.
2]if you drive on NOT well maintained roads, OEM - Engine torque, Non OEM Passenger & Transmission.

Engine Torque gets the most work out from shifting, and from braking.
Passenger mount inserts can be brought seperately and the bolts need to be checked for strength, along with the cam plate it mounts to.
Transmission mount is the least stressed, can be checked for re-use.

For now, ebay:

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,422 Posts
With the mileage on your vehicle under 100k - OEM, over 150k - Non OEM;

1] if you drive on well maintained roads, your mounts can be Non OEM an save the money.
2]if you drive on NOT well maintained roads, OEM - Engine torque, Non OEM Passenger & Transmission.

Engine Torque gets the most work out from shifting, and from braking.
Passenger mount inserts can be brought seperately and the bolts need to be checked for strength, along with the cam plate it mounts to.
Transmission mount is the least stressed, can be checked for re-use.

For now, ebay:
No. Just no.

·
Registered
18,198 Posts
Double NO, someone has not a clue as to what he is talking about there, at least in reference to THESE cars.

'Engine Torque gets the most work out from shifting, and from braking.'
'Transmission mount is the least stressed...'

Somebody can't even grasp those two statements are diametrically opposed to and at war with each other, poster doesn't even understand english.

Words should mean something other than that the person displaying them is an idiot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.