Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been experiencing vibration in my car that has been getting progressively worse. Enough to make the loose change in the ashtray rattle at times. (no, I don't smoke, so it makes a good change dish) Only at idle, I tend to get a squeaking/chirping sound coming from the passenger side.

From perusing this site and others, I have been able to determine that my passenger side motor mount is at least part of the problem.

I have a 5-speed 2003 Focus ZX5, 2.0L Zetec, vin 3FAFP373X3R147122. I want to verify that I found the correct part numbers. I have been getting conflicting reports of compatibility from different sites (one site says the part fits, another one says it doesn't, both have the same part number).

I understand that I need to go OEM for the passenger side mount at the very least; but here is what I found, along with the prices.

YS4Z-6038-BA - $87.13
YS4Z-6068-MA - $21.41
1S4Z-7M121-PA - $19.00

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
IDK what the part #'s are, but for a psm use a motorcraft/ford or a poly mount.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
YS4Z-6038-BA is correct for the front (passenger side) hydraulic mount for a 2000 - 2004 Zetec engined Focus. It's also refered to as an "insulator assembly". SVT and SPI engines use a different part.

I'd replace that one and hold off on the other two and see if that solves the problem, if it were me; you can do the other two later, if necessary. And stick with OEM as you suggest.

Your other part numbers are correct as well for a manual gearbox, 03 Zetec Focus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the responses.

@BC_ZX3: Appreciate the validation of the part numbers. I will follow that advice on replacing the psm first.

@BLÜE_BÄLZ: Thanks for the link. The prices I posted came from eBay. FYI, its the same seller for the psm for the same price (#331331682369).

Now all I need is good weather next weekend so I can get it done! [:)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts