Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a How-To for the removal/installation of an intake manifold that is on an engine that's still installed in the focus?

If not, is it pretty freakin' straight-forward, and how much time will it take roughly [dunno] (installing a 2000 IM to replace my stocker)

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yes, very easy, all the stuff plugged into the IM comes out easy and there are just the bolts that bolt it to the head. very very simple. like less than an hour on and off!! a 4th grader can do it!! just need basic hand tools!! only 16 - 18 ft/lbs on the bolts to the head when you put it back on!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sickk!! That may even allow me to do it before racing (if I keep/decide to use the stuff I'm selling =/ )

What's the deal on the alternator bracket? Any tips? Or how should I get around that one?

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
the first time i did mine it took a little while and i acutally took the alternator off, lol
but the second time i did it it came right out with removing the alternator. very straight forward.
i think u have to remove the stud on the alternator side of the mani so it can clear the alternator

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I'm not going to have to worry about fuel pouring out/any hose problems. I'll simply pull the old ones off and throw the 2000 IM on?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I took mine off the other day to block on my egr completely. You might lose some fuel from the fuel rail but as long as the key is off there wont be any pressure in the line. The trickiest parts for me were getting the alternator side stud out and getting the plugs disconnected from various sensors.

At least on my focus I had to disconnect maybe a oil sensor and some ground wire that bolts to the block in the back. And all the vaccum plugs just pull off like the brake booster line pulls right out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts