Hey guys I know this P0171 issue has been discussed before
I followed some posts and changed:

- brand new pcv valve
- brand new pcv hose that has heat protecting wrap and goes to intake manifold

I don't smoke and can't really test if it has vacuum leak or not

what other parts you guys change to fix that issue

Thanks
Eastwood

PS: just picked up foci as my daily for now and it has some strange behavior sometimes when idles
[bigcry][bawling]

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
Have you done anything else such as plugs or wires? Have you checked the coil for cracks?

Another possibility is the IAC valve. And there are more...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What has been done :
- new wires
- new spark plugs
- new timing belt and water pump
-new serpentine belt
- new alternator
- IAC has been washed with curb cleaner
- new PCV
- new PCV hose
- new clutch
and 100 more things that was fixed
my mechanic owns me money so he did replace everything but he is out of country right now and will be back in a month or so and I need to pass smog check .. focus always has some focuses(magic) to show :(

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
Hmmm....that's quite a list. Maybe go back and look for the possibility of a vacuum leak. If the P0171 code is due to a vac leak, then it should be big enough to hear. Have you listened carefully while the car is idling? Does the engine stall at idle? Sometimes you can hear the leak just as the engine is turned off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just posted an update to my idle problem - maybe this won't help you but I finally gave up changing out stuff and looking for vacuum leak - took to mechanic - he changed egr regulator solenoid and it fixed my problem.

so evidently there are tons of ways to mess up the idle!

good luck!

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
Yank and plug the EGR valve vacuum line, it will run better if that is the problem. No need to waste money on part that doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
If IAC cleaned incorrectly the leak there, there is a rubber diaphragm in it that carb cleaner can ruin, leaks there then.

Several vac lines on back of intake, can leak at any one of those as well as at intake manifold seals to head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts