Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an '07, but yesterday my wife's '03 sprung a coolant leak and I don't really know what this part is called...

...but I know that's what is leaking. I haven't tried to remove it or anything, but can you tell me what it is? And please, pleasePLEEEASE don't say it's part of the radiator...

...I mean, tell me if it is, really, but I will be very sad if it is. [:(]

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a ton guys! I was about to order the $22 one from Ford, then you show me the $15 one. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
Another quality part pre-engineered to fail so they get to sell you more of them...........if you bust the 'quality' retaining pins there plastic wire ties work well (actually better) to hold it in place.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Another quality part pre-engineered to fail so they get to sell you more of them...........if you bust the 'quality' retaining pins there plastic wire ties work well (actually better) to hold it in place.
my car is filled with small gauge wires...

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
Wire will work but has a tendency to cut into things if small enough diameter. Other than that I probably have something wired on mine as well, oops just remembered it, the headlight assemblies in the Contour. I drilled very small holes and neatly wired them in when the stupid plastic mounting tabs biodegraded there as well. No room nor material for plastic ties there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts